14 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2015 10:19 AM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Premiere Elements 13. Error compiling movie Disk full.

AeroGames

Hello, I use Adobe Premiere Elements 13 and I am having a problem exporting AVCHD videos to my computer. It exports completely fine on on MPEG. When ever I try to export any video as a AVCHD file I get a message that says "Error compiling movie. Disk Full.". The storage on my PC drive is 484 GB used out of 676 GB. I did different videos to see if it's specifically a problem of one video and Adobe Premiere gave me the same message for all of them. On some of them they had effects and others were just a plain video. Does someone know what I can do to solve this problem? Thank you!

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13. Error compiling movie Disk full.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

aerogames

What computer operating system is involved with your Premiere Elements 13? And, did you update 13 to 13.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

What are the properties of your source file

Video Compression

Audio Compression

Frame Size

Frame Rate (interlaced or progressive)

File Extension

Pixel Aspect Ratio

and what project preset are you (manually) or the project (automatically) setting to match the properties of the AVCHD file?

Are you using NTSC or PAL project presets?

What is your export choice under Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD and Presets? Are you using the default export settings for the selected preset or are you customizing the selected preset under its Advanced Button/Video Tab, Audio Tab, Multiplexer Tab)? If you have a NTSC project, are you using NTSC export. And, if you have a PAL project, are you using PAL export?

Let us start here and then decide, if necessary, what next for the troubleshooting.

Any questions or need clarification, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13. Error compiling movie Disk full.
            AeroGames Level 1

I have a Windows 10 HP

The properties of the two source files are AVI. For the export I made a custom one, but the day I got the message I tried many other AVCHD presets and I got the same output for all of them. The export settings for my custom one are:

Video-

Frame rate > 29.97

Profile > High

Target Bitrate > 20Mbps

Maximum Bitrate > 24Mbps

Audio-

Audio Codec > AAC

Sample Rate > 48000 Hz

Channels > 5.1

Audio Quality > High

Bitrate > 320kbps

Multiplexer-

Multiplexer > MP4

Stream Compatibility > Standard

The properties of one of the two files before editing:

Video-

Length > 00:39:18 (In the video I'm trying to export I trimmed it down though)

Frame width > 680

Frame height > 352

Data rate > 170631kbps

Total bitrate > 172167kbps

Frame rate > 29 frames/second

Audio-

Bit rate > 1536kbps

Channels > 2(stereo)

Audio sample rate > 48 kHz

File-

Item type > AVI File

Folder path > C:\Fraps\Movies

Size > 17.6 GB

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13. Error compiling movie Disk full.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

AeroGames

Thanks for the follow up with details of your issue.

My first impression is based on Adobe's description of "Error Compiling Movie and specifically Disk Full." Its solution is to free up hard drive space or point to another drive with more hard drive space. If we explore that suggested solution in terms of details of your situation

Consider that you have only 172 GB free space left of 676 GB.
              Also, what is the file size of the MPEG export that does not trigger this message compared to the file size of the AVCHD export that does?

What is your Scratch Disk situation with regards to pile up of files...

a. Preview Files in Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder.

b. Conformed Audio Files in Media Cache Files Folder.

c. Conformed Video Files in Media Cache Folder.

For location of a and b, See Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks and category Video Previews and Media Cache respectively.

For c, See Edit Menu/Preferences/Media and its Media Cache Database Clean Now button and path to actual files in Media Cache Folder at the end of that path.

Please review and consider, and then we will decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13. Error compiling movie Disk full.
                AeroGames Level 1

I used the same edited video to test on the MPEG.

I pathed all the files to same as project and I used the Clean Now button.

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13. Error compiling movie Disk full.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

AeroGames

Thanks of the update.

Please confirm. Does the problem still remain even after your latest troubleshooting? If problem still exists...

The major contributors to scratch disk pile up are preview files and conformed audio, did you get rid of them.

Did you run the free ccleaner to optimize the computer? CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Depending on the details in your reply, we will decide what is left to do.

ATR

• 6. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13. Error compiling movie Disk full.
                    AeroGames Level 1

I deleted all the preview and conformed audio files. I used CCleaner yet it doesn't work

• 7. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13. Error compiling movie Disk full.
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

AeroGames

Let us take a detour in the troubleshooting from looking for clean up areas to looking a the details of the export.

I say that the problem of Disk Full is associated only with the AVCHD export...

a. What are the properties of what is in that Timeline content pointed to Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD - format and duration?

b. When you get to Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD, what are you setting for Presets (please give one example if you have tried many)?

After you select a preset, are you using the default export settings for the selected preset or are you customizing the selected preset under the Advanced Button/Video Tab, Audio Tab, Multiplexer Tab?

To be continued...

ATR

• 8. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13. Error compiling movie Disk full.
                        AeroGames Level 1

This is the format for my custom AVCHD export is

Description: Custom

File Type: H.264

Frame Size: 1920 x 1080

Frame Rate[fps]: 29.97

Audio Setting: AAC, 320 kbps, 48 kHz, Stereo

File Size: 2587.12 MB

Duration: 17 Min, 23.23 Sec

I tested all the presets but the one I always used was a custom one.

• 9. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13. Error compiling movie Disk full.
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

AeroGames

Just to double check, at the moment, can you successfully use as is

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30?

ATR

• 11. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13. Error compiling movie Disk full.
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

AeroGames

Thanks for the follow ups.

Since the conventional answers for your situation are not working, I will try another (more off the path) direction.

Recapping...you appear to have on the Timeline Fraps.avi  680 x 352@ 29 frames per second (I am assuming progressive rather than interlaced for now). The destination is a 16:9 export via Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD 1920 x 1080p30. Quality wise I am not sure of the outcome of that even if we get beyond the Disc Full error. The frame rate that you gave makes me wonder if the video was recorded with a variable frame rate.

What happens if you take the Fraps.avi 680 x 352 into HandBrake https://handbrake.fr/ to get a H.264.mp4 version to take into Premiere Elements Expert workspace Timeline? You have an atypical file according to the Adobe project presets so, if you drag the file to the Timeline, you are likely to get an automatic 1080i project preset. Main work of HandBrake is to get the H.264.mp4 680 x 352 version with a constant frame rate of 29.97 progressive frames per second.

Drag the file into Premiere Elements Expert workspace Timeline and try the following two exports...

a. Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30

and next

b. Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = YouTube Widescreen SD.

Do you get the Disk Full error for either of those exports?

We can clean up the details later if either one of the choices gets beyond Disk Full. If you have any questions or need help using HandBrake for the purpose described, please do not hesitate to ask.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 12. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13. Error compiling movie Disk full.
                              AeroGames Level 1

All of the presets do not work.

• 13. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13. Error compiling movie Disk full.
                                pieface71

I too seem to have the same problem. When trying to save / export to avchd, I get "error compiling movie : disk full". I have plenty of disk space.

My system is Windows 10 using Adobe Premiere 13.

Cheers ... Rob.

• 14. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13. Error compiling movie Disk full.
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Rob

Have you gone through all the comments in AeroGames' thread?

Are you dealing with Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows 10 64 bit with a HP computer or different brand computer?

Is your issue of Disk Full only with the Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD and one or more of its Presets?

ATR