10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2015 11:50 AM by JeffBPaarsa

Placing signature stamp

JeffBPaarsa Level 1

Hello,

Using Thom Parker's PDF Stamps I created a customized stamp that it was stored in my user area of: C:\Users\Maryam\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\10.0\Stamps.

Using same code from his book I tried to locate the signature stamp on a area of the page which is exactly right location because I measured it.

But what appears on the signature spot is a rectangle with a X connecting each corner to the opposite corner with black lining and boarders.

here is the code:

this.addAnnot({page:1, type:"Square",rect:[72, 180, 216, 216]});

var oStmp = this.addAnnot({page:1, type:"Stamp", AP:"Pe3Rw-AkSLYluHw8jz9iNA", rect:[ 72, 180, 216, 216],rotate:15});

this.addAnnot({page:1, type:"Square",style:"D",dash:[4,4], strokeColor:color.blue, rect:oStmp.rect});

1.  There is no example for the user stamps in the book?  should I move the user stamp into the Acrobat stamp area and rename it?

2:  I am not sure what causes that black boarder rectangle with an X cross appears instead of stamp signature... Any idea?  Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jeff P....

• 1. Re: Placing signature stamp
          try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

This black-X appears when you've specified an incorrect AP value. To make sure you're using the right value apply the stamp manually, then select it with the mouse and run this code from the console:

this.selectedAnnots[0].AP

Copy the code in its entirety, including the hash-symbol at the start of ( ! ), to your code and try again.

Also, the rotate property must have a value that is a multiple of 90. It can't be 15.

• 2. Re: Placing signature stamp
            JeffBPaarsa Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

1. I have no problem applying the stamp manually.

2. Console debugger runs to the end with no error!

3. I even removed the rotate section completely out. now the code looks like this:

this.addAnnot({page:1, type:"Square",rect:[82, 184, 216, 216]});

this.addAnnot({page:1, type:"Stamp", AP:"DrSig", rect:[82, 184, 216, 216]}); 

and I tried it also with mangled name of the stamp as follow:

this.addAnnot({page:1, type:"Stamp", AP:"Pe3Rw-AkSLYluHw8jz9iNA", rect:[82, 184, 216, 216]});

4. When I click on Comment/ Stamp I see my stamp

5. No matter how I run it Rectangle and X from opposite corners appears... Not sure if there is anything wrong with my stamp?

6. other than C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\plug_ins\Annotations\Stamps or

user profile in my case C:\Users\Maryam\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\10.0\Stamps  Where would stamps will be stored?

Untitled.png

Regards,

Jeff P.

• 3. Re: Placing signature stamp

Did you verify that the AP value you're using is the correct one, as I've suggested?

• 4. Re: Placing signature stamp
                JeffBPaarsa Level 1

Hi,

I did not quite get what I should be using for the AP:?   Isn't the AP name of the stamp?  I put both mangled name of the stamp and the name  I see when I click on Comment/Stamp... I am not sure what I should be putting for AP:

Regards,

Jeff P.

Comment Annotation Show Stamps Pallet.png

Comment Annotation DrRSig.png

Comment Annotation Custom Stamps Manage Stamps.png

• 5. Re: Placing signature stamp

NO, it's not the stamp name.

I provided detailed instructions above how to get the AP value for a specific stamp.

• 6. Re: Placing signature stamp
                    gkaiseril MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Almost every object you are using has a user name and a system name. You cannot use the user name in JavaScript, you need to use the system name. What you see in the dialog window is the user name and not the system name.

Thom Parker has shown users how to get the system name for stamps and annotations. I am sure he has included the instructions in his book.

• 7. Re: Placing signature stamp
                      JeffBPaarsa Level 1

Hi,

Somehow all the buttons are grayed out and disabled on the debugger.  I tried that the first time but I gave up when I saw all the buttons are disabled.

Consol.png

Preferance.png

• 8. Re: Placing signature stamp
                        JeffBPaarsa Level 1

Thanks,  I am struggling how to find the name in his book and via this.selectedAnnots[0].AP

• 9. Re: Placing signature stamp

You don't need to use any of the buttons. Click on the line where the code is and press Ctrl+Enter.

• 10. Re: Placing signature stamp
                            JeffBPaarsa Level 1

Thanks, it worked out.. Thanks to the power of 1,000,0000......

Regards,

Jeff