4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2016 5:44 AM by julienprod

DNxHD codec with Premier Elements

richardc35481630

Hi,

I am looking to use Elements on a quick edit but need to know if the PC version will work with DNxHD? My only other record formate is Proress 422 which I know is Mac only.

Thanks for any help.

• 1. Re: DNxHD codec with Premier Elements
          A.T. Romano Level 7

richardc

What version of Premiere Elements and what computer operating system involved?

Nonetheless, if your DNxHD has a file extension of MXF, then be aware that Premiere Elements (any version to date) does not support source media MXF.

Please give more information.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: DNxHD codec with Premier Elements
            richardc35481630 Level 1

I will be using Elements 13 if we go that route. I don't know the specs of the PC since my work has not designated a computer yet for me to use.

I can record the DNxHD with a .mov extension. I am using a Hyper deck studio to recored the video.

Sorry I don't have more information it is all the information I have at the time.

Do I need a 64bit system to use DNxHD?

• 3. Re: DNxHD codec with Premier Elements
              A.T. Romano Level 7

richardc

I am speculating (have not tried this) that if you have the DNxHD video codec installed for use with .mov file extension (wrapper format), you are likely to be able to install your DNxHD.mov into a Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Windows project. (You will need latest version of QuickTime installed on the computer.) I am basing that on information in the following

DNxHD Test file from HyperDeck | ATEMuser.com

No guarantees since I have not tested this first hand.

As for need for 64 bit system....Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Windows is a 64 bit application only when it is run on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit. This factor has computer resource implication for the larger project and the editing of high computer resource demanding formats.

Whatever your direction on this, I would encourage you to download and install the free 30 day tryout of Premiere Elements 13 Windows to determine first hand the compatibility of the program with your computer operating system and with your project goals.

Please let us know if you need clarification on any of the above.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: DNxHD codec with Premier Elements
                julienprod Level 1

Has there been any update from Adobe on this? Can one use DNXHD (import and/or export) within Premiere Elements?
                If not, is it possible to work with proxy versions/replace assets?

Is it also possible to import/export xml, edl or aaf with Premiere Elements?
                This would be very helpful for customers wishing to carry out their edits and share back with the editor for instance.
                Or for someone to get started with Premiere Elements, then eventually move their projects to Premiere Pro.