4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2015 12:08 PM by hebalers

I have CC educational and need only Lightroom Mobile

hebalers Level 1

I have CC educational account that includes everything except for Lightroom Mobile. Repeated support requests have told me that I need to pay the $10 a month for Photoshop CC to get the Lightroom Mobile feature, which is stupid since I already payed for Photoshop and Lightroom. Now I have to pay for them again just to sync the photos to Lightroom mobile????

Instead, I am therefore going to pay for Capture One 8 Pro which has a nice iOS app and at least I get their program which seems interesting. Unless Adobe has a better option for me?

• 1. Re: I have CC educational and need only Lightroom Mobile
          ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

Sounds like you bought the wrong version of LR.

LR 6 is the standalone version. It does not include LR Mobile nor does it get any new features until LR 7 is released.

LR CC is the subscription version. It includes LR Mobile and gets new features added very now and then.

I cannot speak to which version of LR is contained in any Educational package, but it would not surprise me that is the not the subscription version.

• 2. Re: I have CC educational and need only Lightroom Mobile
            hebalers Level 1

Thanks for the reply. Actually the package provided from our university is a subscription to the entire ADOBE CC package. This includes Photoshop, Illustrator, Primere, Dreamweaver, Lightroom... everything. However, for some reason, Lightroom Mobile is not included in this package. OK, fair enough. I contacted Adobe and asked them how much this feature will cost. They replied that they don't offer features alone. I have to get the $10/month Photoshop CC package with Lightroom CC and Lightroom Mobile. I explained to them that I am already paying for Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC and just want Lightroom Mobile. They said my only option is to get the $10/month package and there is nothing else they can do.

Of course, I am not going to pay twice for Photoshop and Lightroom. So now I cannot use Lightroom Mobile on my iPad. I should add that I bought my new iPad mainly to use Lightroom Mobile on it and considered it a business expense. Now I am rather disappointed with Adobe's attitude.

In the mean time I heard good things about Capture 1 Pro and have seen that they offer a nice iOS app. They are also said to better tethering performance and nicer image processing look. The price is the same as with Lightroom, but at least I won't be paying twice for the same program. So you know, I might just jump ship to Capture 1 and start using it. Unless of course Adobe can offer a reasonable alternative.

• 3. Re: I have CC educational and need only Lightroom Mobile
              hebalers Level 1

I have shoot this coming week and I will use that opportunity to use Capture 1 Pro. So if anyone in Adobe is reading this I hope you have a solution by the end of the week.

• 4. Re: I have CC educational and need only Lightroom Mobile
                hebalers Level 1

Okay then. Downloading Capture 1 Pro now. Adios Amigos!!