3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2015 1:26 AM by EvaMartin

relative links "unsupported path"

EvaMartin

Hello !

I would like to link two edge docs in order to read the animations without any connexion, so everythng is local, and all my links must be relative.

I have a folder with animation A, and another with animation B.

I can successfully "descending" in the browser linking A to another A file or A folder  (with a "./ type link"), but i can't go up to re-descend into B folder with a "../B/B.html" link ... Is that normal ? is there anything I can do ?? The idea would be to have a main document that does shortcuts to other documents ... Thank you for your help, please ask if anything is unclear, english is not my mothertongue

Cheers !

• 1. Re: relative links "unsupported path"
          Dean Utian Adobe Community Professional

Hi platypus8622,

Here's an example that explains the relative links. Say I have an html called main.html at the top folder level, then have 2 subfolders called animA and animB with A.html and B.html in each respectively. Here's how you could link between them. Using: window.open("htmlLink", "_self");

main.html linking to A.html

window.open("animA/A.html", "_self");

main.html linking to B.html

window.open("animB/B.html", "_self");

A.html or B.html linking to main.html

window.open("../main.html", "_self");

A.html linking to B.html

window.open("../animB/B.html", "_self");

The above should work. If it is not for you, there may be a typing mistake. If it's still not working, provide the exact code you've used.

• 2. Re: relative links "unsupported path"
            EvaMartin Level 1

Hi ! Thank you for answering !

Now that's weird ... Today, if I retry my links, even the "descending" ones aren't working anymore :

If i put :

main.html linking to A.html

window.open("test-folder/test.html", "_blank");

it goes loading forever, and nothing happens (but I don't see the "unsupported path" error)

If i try to link in the same folder but to an image rather to an html file, it's works perfectly !! WTH ?

And if I try go "go up" with :

window.open("../plan-02.jpg", "_blank");

Whatever file I try to load (html or image), I have the "unsupported path" error.

The online urls like www.ggogle.com are working fine.

Maybe there is a parameter I should activate to make the relative links work ?

I'm going crazy with this

Thank you for your help

Eva

• 3. Re: relative links "unsupported path"
              Dean Utian Adobe Community Professional

Hi Eva,

Are you testing from Animate with the 'Preview in Browser' option? If so, try just open the HTML directly in a browser (so not through Animate) and see if that works. It may be that the preview path is not happy with finding relative links.

• 4. Re: relative links "unsupported path"
                EvaMartin Level 1

Ohhhh ... I feel so silly not having tested that before !!

You are right : works perfectly if the html are launched independantly from EA 

Thank you for making my day a nice day !!

Cheers,

Eva