2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2015 2:42 AM by Steve Reeves

exporting to photoshop ignoring settings and remain as raw file

Steve Reeves

Hi,

even though the export setting in lightroom is et to psd when it arrives in photoshop it is still a raw file. How can I correct this?

• 1. Re: exporting to photoshop ignoring settings and remain as raw file
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

No, it is not a raw file. Photoshop is just indicating where the image data came from, therefore you see the name of the raw file. Photoshop, by itself, is not capable of editing raw image data. When you transfer a file from Lightroom to Photoshop Camera Raw interprets the changes and adjustments you have made and then converts the image to an RGB image that Photoshop can handle. When you finish your work in Photoshop the file will then be saved as a PSD.

• 2. Re: exporting to photoshop ignoring settings and remain as raw file
            Steve Reeves Level 1

Hi Jim,

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to answer my query. For whatever reason I was unable to edit the background layer regardless of how many times and ways I tried. It was my first day with Photoshop CC being more used to lightroom 5 to elements. When using that  a conversion on screen takes place before editing and was assuming that it was that process that  was missing. However all now seems well. Thanks again.

Regards

Steve