I had the same issue all of the sudden. I went through all the steps in chrome. Disabled/Enabled Plugin, Updated plugin via chrome://components, uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome and rebooted the system, but still did not resolve my issue.
My Fix is below in case it helps anyone else. It seems for some reason the content in the PepperFlash folder was somehow corrupt.
Opened chrome and browsed to chrome://plugins
Located path to the flash player plugin and delete the "PepperFlash" Folder (You can rename.old if you don't want to deleted)
Rebooted and relaunched a flash site and this was now working again.
Adobe Flash Player - Version: 22.214.171.124
Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
Name: Shockwave Flash
Description: Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
Google Chrome recently updated the version of Flash Player in Chrome and blocked the older insecure version.
My guess is that updating Chrome would have fixed it, or simply rebooting (which forces the issue of making you exit and restart Chrome).
Not at all. I went as far as removing chrome, rebooting and reinstall the
latest version and made sure the flash plugin was also the latest version.
What I though above seems to have been a lucky fix as the issue has come up
again. The next thing I am going to do will be to delete and create a new
user profile since it seems to work fine for other accounts.
Sent from my Mobile phone
Hmm. Chrome pushed an updated Flash Player out last week and blocked older versions. I was thinking that you were seeing the blocked older version until exiting Chrome.
When I run into mysterious Flash problems in Chrome, I usually get it resolved with a fresh install of the browser, although that's not necessarily convenient....
I have tried ALL the official advises about re-installing, changing DNS, flash enable/disable etc...but the only thing that worked is your method man !!!
Thank you soooo much !!!!
waited a bit to upgrade to win10, hoping that a lot of the bugs would be worked out, and of course this is an irritating one that i could not resolve until i found your suggestion. worked like a charm! thank you so much!!!
Hi I actually have the same problem. But I don't know what user name I have to put in the address to get to the site.
This thread was started in 2015. I'm pretty sure that the reason you're seeing these symptoms now is completely different than the reason why the original posters encountered it.
Google has recently made changes to Chrome (Prefer HTML By Default), which effectively limits when Flash content is allowed to run. Chrome calculates something called a "Content Engagement Score", and the more you use a site, the more likely Flash Player is allowed to run. The bar for the required engagement score will change over time.
If you would simply like to allow Flash Player to run, go to:
Menu > Settings > Advanced Settings > Privacy > Content Settings > Flash, and choose Allow Sites To Run Flash