• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is there an issue with Win 10 and Adobe Air - can not update Adobe Air?

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Win 10 and Adobe Air will not update.  Is there an issue with Win 10?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please answer below questions to enable us to assist you better?

1. Please specify your current AIR version installed on your Win 10 machine?

2. Please specify how you are trying to update Adobe AIR on Win 10  either by installer or  background update or immediate update through an AIR application

3. What actual issue you are facing while updating the Adobe AIR? Please post a screenshot of the issue using How to post a screenshot in the forum

Regards

Varun Bhal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Air version is 18.0.0.199

When I could not access a program that needed Air I assumed that the Air file might be corrupted or that there was a new version. I uninstalled the existing program on my computer and went to the Adobe site.  I installed the version of Air that was available successfully.

Nothing changed. The program ( Jacguie Lawson Christmas Markets Calendar ) tries to open by placing an icon in the task bar but cannot actually open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The latest Adobe AIR runtime version is 18.0.0.199 that means you already have the latest version installed on your system so you dont have to update the Adobe AIR as of now. Maybe the application that you are trying to open have some issues. Can you please try to run any other AIR application on your machine and see if it works or not? I am attaching a sample AIR application which you can run. Dropbox - Test.air

Please let me know if you face any issues,

Regards

Varun Bhal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately the only items that I have that use Adobe Air are associated with items from the Jacquie Lawson site. I tried going to your sample site but got a series of WARNINGS about proceeding so I did not go further.

Thanks for your response.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines