6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2015 5:15 PM by A.T. Romano

Online services encountered an error- Message

davidw5188338 Level 1

I got this message while trying to upload a video. I haven't had this problem before with Premiere Elements 13.

I did upgrade from Windows 8 to 10 recently and I don't think I have uploaded since then.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated- Thanks!

• 1. Re: Online services encountered an error- Message
          A.T. Romano Level 7

davidw

There are two recent thread looking at this type of issue.

Please review and consider the information in the following and then we can discuss the specifics of your situation.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1929302

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1933104

Where is your issue

Publish+Share/Private Web Album

or

Publish+Share/Social Websites/Facebook, Vimeo, or YouTube

or

Both?

I have used those features with Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows 10 Home 64 bit without issue.

Looking forward to the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Online services encountered an error- Message
            davidw5188338 Level 1

Thanks for your response! The issue is in "Publish+Share/YouTube"

I tried to refresh web services in preferences. The next time I tried to upload to YouTube I had to authorize Premiere as an approved Application.

After going through that step I tried once again to upload the video to YouTube. After processing and before the upload started I received the same error.

I read through the two threads you posted. Unfortunately, they are a little complex in detail/technical for a novice user such as myself to quickly comprehend.

I was hoping that someone else had experienced this exact same problem before and there would be a simple step-by step solution.

• 3. Re: Online services encountered an error- Message
              A.T. Romano Level 7

davidw

When you experience YouTube upload failure with the Premiere Elements built in feature, the typical first troubleshooting step is to export your Timeline to a file saved to the computer hard drive and then upload that file to YouTube at the YouTube web. Doing that should rule in or out any problems with your YouTube account and Timeline content.

The file that is created for this purpose comes from your Timeline content export

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = YouTube Widescreen HD or MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30.

Please do that first. With the results of that step, we can then go step by step to rule in or out other factors.

Besides the above, have you already worked through the usual drill questions related to the problem that you are facing...

1. Have you tried using another computer default browser?

2. Have you shut the router off for about 45 seconds to reset it?

3. You have already freshed the Online Services?

4. Have you tried a new project with new content? What is the estimated File Size and what is the duration of the Timeline content that you want to upload?

There is no one answer for this type of situation, just several variables to explore.

Please do not hesitate to ask for clarification. Just tell me where you need supplemental information so that we can communicate to resolve your issue.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Online services encountered an error- Message
                davidw5188338 Level 1

I'm in the process of saving the file to my computer. I didn't realize that the file would turn out to be over 3.3GB in size. The length is about 14:30min. I seem to remember a file size limit of 2GB per upload?

I did incorporate a few clips from a apple camera this time- maybe that increased the file size more than usual?

I will try again with a smaller upload file. If that doesn't work I will try the other steps you listed.

I'll will post another update and let you know if I get it resolved.

Thanks again!

• 5. Re: Online services encountered an error- Message
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

davidw

I think that we are a little out of sync due to an Adobe Forums issue.

I am seeing your update about upload file size and duration in my Inbox email notifications and not in your thread in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum where I am in now.

Just a reminder...the Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature has a file size and duration limit. For 13/13.1 it is 2.2 GB/15 minutes. In that case, you are forced to the Timeline content export to file and uploading that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site. Even at YouTube, the regular limit is 15 minutes. But, there you can apply for an extended time account. That YouTube extended time account cannot be used in the Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature.

We will be watching for further developments as your schedule permits. But, right now, it would appear that your Premiere Elements 13/13.1 built in feature failed due to the actual file size and duration of the upload exceeding the limits for the feature.

Thanks for the follow ups. Appreciated.

ATR

• 6. Re: Online services encountered an error- Message
                    davidw5188338 Level 1

Exporting the file first and then uploading straight with YouTube worked on the first try- The problem must have been the file size limit.

Thanks again for your help ATR!

• 7. Re: Online services encountered an error- Message
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

davidw

Wonderful news. The failure to upload your Timeline content using the Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature is consistent with your estimated file size/duration for the upload being over the feature limit. But, when you get a chance, try the Premiere Elements built in feature with a Timeline content less than 2.2 GB/15 minutes to assure that this Online Service is working.

But, right now, sounding very good. Thanks for staying with the troubleshooting to gain your success. Well done.

Best wishes

ATR

• 8. Re: Online services encountered an error- Message
                        davidw5188338 Level 1

Update: I did encounter the same problem with a video file 1.3GB in size. Seems the problem may not be related to file size after all.

I will upload as I did before for the time being.

• 9. Re: Online services encountered an error- Message
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

davidw

Thanks for checking the Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature again. Looks like we have more work ahead of us to get that to work.

You mentioned for now that you were going to be doing the file upload at the YouTube web site. When and if you get back to the Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature, let us take a look at the Premiere Elements project settings, formats of the Timeline contents, and the preset choice you are selecting under Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube.

Thanks.

ATR