2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2015 2:25 PM by nássimm49350447

shape layers between AE and illustrator

nássimm49350447

Hello,

just i wonder why most of graphic designers use illustrator to create illustrations in Adobe illustrator then exporting them and animating them in AE instead of creating them directly in AE. This way is more time profitable and more easy.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: shape layers between AE and illustrator
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There are far better tools in Illustrator for creating vector illustrations. Illustrator also gives you the advantage of laying out projects in layers. 95% of all my vector work for AE is in Illustrator because it's faster, more efficient, better suited, and designed for illustration. The shape layers in AE are a bit clumsy, but if you need to convert an AI layer to a shape you can have access to all the shape layer tools and effects with a single click. The only time I use Shape layers for design work is when I'm specifically going for a shape layer effect like repeater. Even then, many times the layer will be composed in AI first....

• 2. Re: shape layers between AE and illustrator
            nássimm49350447 Level 1

Thank you for the answer. then should i start learning Ai or using AE is enough? for flat animations..