4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2015 12:07 PM by matth94847268

Will 13 license work with 12 ?

matth94847268

hi, my system only has OS X 10.7.5 on

v12 demo works fine, if I buy a 13 license will it work with 12 ?

Cheers.

• 1. Re: Will 13 license work with 12 ?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

matth

Premiere Elements 12 and 13 can be installed on the same computer. You just use one at a time.

However, just to be sure that I am not taking another for granted....Premiere Elements 12 and 13 are standalone products and are purchased separately to get a purchased serial number 12 and a purchased serial number for 13. You cannot use the 12 serial number for 13 or vice versa.

Also, keep in mind that Adobe should be releasing a new version of Premiere Elements in September October 2015. The new features of the release are not known until the moment of release.

Also, do not assume because 12 worked for you that 13 will as well. Download and install the 13 tryout before purchase if you decide you want to go with 13.

Please clarify.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Will 13 license work with 12 ?
            matth94847268 Level 1

13 will not install on 10.7.5 it needs 10.8

i would of hoped I could buy a 13 license and use 12

are you saying that licenses are not backward compatible ?

But 12 seems to not be for sale.

• 3. Re: Will 13 license work with 12 ?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

matth

Thanks for the additional information about your Mac operating system.

The specifications for Premiere Elements 13 include that is does not support Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Mac OSX 10.7.

Apparently that must take in Mac OSX 10.75.

If you have purchased 13 as a download from Adobe and are within 30 days of purchase, then you can ask Adobe for a return/refund.

Return, cancel, or exchange an Adobe order

If you have purchased elsewhere, you are governed by the return/refund policy of the seller.

You cannot transfer a purchased serial number from one version to another.

Adobe sells only the current version as download. Current version is 13. There may be some online vendors that still may have 12 in stock as download and in boxed packaging (installation discs). That is another purchase to get a purchased serial number for that product.

With this download purchases, the purchase is specific to the operating system to which the product is downloaded.

Please let me know if I have targeted your question. If not, please tell me where you need supplemental information.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Will 13 license work with 12 ?
                matth94847268 Level 1

ok thanks, will stick with final cut.

cheers.

• 5. Re: Will 13 license work with 12 ?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

matth

Thanks for the follow up.

Is upgrading your Mac computer an option?

Best wishes for whatever your decision is for video editor. If you ever want to revisit Premiere Elements Mac workflows, please let us know. But, whatever product, please consider tryout before purchase to gauge compatibility of your product with your computer operating system and your project goals.

ATR

• 6. Re: Will 13 license work with 12 ?
                    matth94847268 Level 1

just in case it breaks my other apps no.

adobe should simply make the serials backward compatible, much like most pro audio software.