5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2015 1:55 PM by A.T. Romano

windows error [Windows 10]

Mrworx91

I am getting this error every time I try to use Adobe Premier Elements 13 on Windows 10. It worked for the first few weeks on Windows 10 but started giving me an error code after that. Attached is the screen shot. And I have already ran Windows update and Adobe updates.

error.png

• 1. Re: windows error
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Since I've read that Win10 does not have spaced updates like Win7 or Win8 (patch Tuesday) but may push updates out at any time, I will GUESS that a Win10 update has changed something critical

That is often something to do with the screen display, so go to the vendor of your graphics adapter to check for an update

For Windows, do NOT rely on Windows Update to have current driver information

•-you need to go direct to the vendor web site and check updates for yourself

•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

•ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

• 2. Re: windows error
            Mrworx91 Level 1

I download and installed Windows 10 drivers for my nvidia card and still getting same error.

• 3. Re: windows error
              A.T. Romano Level 7

mrworx91

What did you do in the project to get the view that you present in the screenshot? Just open the program? You should not be able to highlight eLive header and Expert header at the same time as shown in that screenshot.

I do not think that what you are observing is a generalized shortcoming of Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows 10. I have that program on two Window 10 computers and have not run into what you describe. I have all the updates, Windows and otherwise.

1. Please delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path given.

2. If you cannot find any issues with the video card/graphics card as John suggests and you are not having issues with antivirus program, then I would suggest

uninstall the usual Control Panel way

free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts) CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled.....only after you are assured that 13.0 is working completely, then update to 13.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates.

Any questions or need clarification, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: windows error
                Mrworx91 Level 1

ATR,

I get the error in the program when I try to start or open a project. I have completed all the steps you have provided and still getting the error.

• 5. Re: windows error
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Mrworx91

Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 10 64 bit....

Thanks for exploring the troubleshooting ideas.

Just to confirm, besides deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, have you done the uninstall, ccleaner, reinstall?

uninstall the usual Control Panel way

free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts) CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled.....only after you are assured that 13.0 is working completely, then update to 13.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates.

If yes and still no resolution, have you determined that the problem exists with and without the antivirus and firewalls disabled?

From your screenshot, it appears that you are using Google Chrome as your computer default browser. What happens if you use computer default browser = Windows 10's new Microsoft Edge browser or Internet Explorer which you should still be able to access and activate from Program Files (x86)?

Also, please explore opening the program by going to

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 13

and in the Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Folder find the file specifically named Adobe Premiere Elements.exe.

Next right click the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file, select and apply Run As Administrator.

Then double click the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file and observe if the program opens correctly.

We will be watching for further developments as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: windows error [Windows 10]
                    Mrworx91 Level 1

ATR,

So far I have completed all the steps you have listed above (Thank you for the help BTW) and still get the same errors. I even had adobe technical assistance remote into my computer and still could not fix the issue. They told me that it is an OS issue and I need to contact Microsoft. As of now I am waiting on Microsoft to call me back to start a remote session.

• 7. Re: windows error [Windows 10]
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Mrworx91

Thanks for the updates.

Two thoughts as you wait for follow up from Microsoft...

1. Are you using a Windows 10 Theme which is referred to as High Contrast?

2. Did you get a chance to explore alternative computer default browsers - Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge (which Windows 10 tends to make as default), and Internet Explorer that is still there but left behind the scenes in Program Files (x86)?

Best wishes

ATR