12 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2015 3:48 PM by AClassen

Adobe Premiere Elements 13 "Online Services Encountered an Error"

AClassen

When I first got this software, it worked perfectly. Now, whenever I try to upload to Facebook, Vimeo, or YouTube, the error above comes up. How can I fix this problem? I checked my firewall, internet connection, refreshed my web services, and restarted the program and my computer. I recently downloaded windows 10, so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it, but it shouldn't. Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 "Online Services Encountered an Error"
          A.T. Romano Level 7

aclassen

I have Windows 10 64 bit on two of my computers, and no problems to date with Online Service (but I do not use Facebook). But, there are threads appearing whose issues related to these Online Services on Windows 10. So far, my general impression is the Premiere Elements successes and failures are the same before and after Windows 10 upgrade.

Thank you for the details of your troubleshooting.

Have you included turner off the route for about 35 seconds, clearing the browser's Options/Advanced/Network/Cached Web Content, or switching to another computer browser? Besides Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer is still there under Program Files (x86).

What is the estimated file size and duration of your typical upload? What is the nature of your Timeline content? Have you tried to export your Timeline to a file saved to the computer hard drive (ex. AVCHD.mp4) and then upload that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site?

Please consider, and then we will think about what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 "Online Services Encountered an Error"
            AClassen Level 1

ATR

I've tried all of these things based off of your previous posts on forums similar to mine. I have successfully exported the video to my hard drive, but I refuse to use it due to the quality. If I upload it directly to the site, I find that the quality is 10x better. I'm all out of options and I'm really upset. Thank you for the help and hasty response. I hope we can figure something out...

AClassen

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 "Online Services Encountered an Error"
              A.T. Romano Level 7

AClassen

Thanks for the follow up. Do not give up yet. Let us explore what you just wrote.

Are you saying that if you export your Timeline content to a file saved to the computer hard drive, the file is of such poor quality that you do not want to upload it  to YouTube at the YouTube web site? This should not be the case.

1. What are your project settings - for 1920 x 1080p project or other? Let us assume NTSC 1920 x 1080p project as example. Then your project preset should be NTSC/DSLR/1080p/DSLR 1080p30.

2. When you export that Timeline content, an excellent choice should be Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30.

Have you been there, done that, and are getting terrible quality for that file?

If your details are other than the example, please post your details, and we will offer some suggested import/export settings related to generating this file for upload to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

In the meanwhile, I will think about the Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature problems. Lots of those problems being reported lately. I have not run into these problems with my Windows 10 installs, so it is not clear if this is a Windows 10 issue that has not yet hit me or other.

Looking forward to working with you on this.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 "Online Services Encountered an Error"
                AClassen Level 1

ATR

I've tried exporting using Windows Media, making custom settings at 1080x720. The video turns out pixelated and in worse quality than in Premiere.

The project presets are those you have listed above and I have encountered a new problem. I shut down my computer for the night, letting everything settle. Premiere can still not access the online services and I have tried to export to the setting you recommended, but the error "Disk Full" appears. I'm not sure what that is referring too, because my local disk has 500+ Free GB. Otherwise I'd export in that setting to see how it looks.

I've tried shutting down my firewall multiple times, as some programs in the past are blocked by the firewall. I have Norton security, but that didn't seem to do anything.

I'd like to thank you for your hasty responses and being so helpful in this time of need. I hope we can fix this soon as I will keep trying other methods.

AClassen

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 "Online Services Encountered an Error"
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

AClassen

Very interesting reply regarding Disk Full. Have you seen the following current thread posted by a user who ran into Disk Full with AVCHD exports. That thread Disk Full has not been resolved after a lot of troubleshooting.

Adobe Premiere Elements 13. Error compiling movie Disk full.

If you have not already, please explore your Timeline exported to a AVCHD.mp4 file using Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30 or YouTube Widescreen HD. It will be interesting to learn to this works for you.

We will look deeper in this Disk Full as well as Online Services issues during the day.

Thanks for the follow ups. Appreciated.

ATR

• 6. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 "Online Services Encountered an Error"
                    AClassen Level 1

ATR

I've tried everything. I'm very frustrated and I'm not sure what else to do except for get a new software, which isn't an option. If you think of any more ideas I'd love to hear them...

AClassen

• 7. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 "Online Services Encountered an Error"
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

AClassen

Thanks for the update. Sorry that the news was not better.

It might be a good idea to try to get Adobe involved in this matter. That does not prohibit us from working on this.

Please try to contact Adobe Chat/Downloading, Installing, Setting Up

Contact Customer Care

It may have some undocumented troubleshooting and could possibly offer remote control of your computer troubleshooting which we cannot as users in this forum user to user situation.

Adobe Staff's Sandeep seems interested in these Online Services matters, so maybe we will see some help from there in these threads that are now appearing with Online Services issues especially when Premiere Elements is on Windows 10.

Still thinking about this.

ATR

• 8. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 "Online Services Encountered an Error"
                        AClassen Level 1

ATR

1. The chat is currently unavailable so I'll have to wait when they reopen.

2. Last time I talked with a chat support representative, they said they were unable to help me and to take my computer to get fixed somewhere... I was not pleased.

I appreciate the effort being put into this situation. I'll keep you updated as time goes on.

AClassen

• 9. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 "Online Services Encountered an Error"
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

AClassen

Well, as of this morning, I can no longer say that my Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Private Web Album feature is working on my Windows 10 Home 64 bit or Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I have run into failures when the process get to uploading. Where uploading progress should begin, I am getting the message

"Online Services encountered an error. The service will now be terminated or paused if possible."

BUT, I was able to get successful uploads when I gave the Private Web Album Movie name field a new name before hitting the Start Sharing button. Coincidence? See if that works for you.

(The Movie name field typically is the name of the project, either My Project or My New Video Project.)

Adobe's Sandeep seems interested in the issue, and we are hoping for some input from there.

In these failures, by the content of the message, I am wondering if the issue is error/failure or a pause in the process triggered by some yet undefined process.

ATR

• 10. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 "Online Services Encountered an Error"
                            AClassen Level 1

ATR

That is my problem exactly. I'm glad someone else is encountering this. I'm not exactly sure what you mean when you say how to bypass the error. Changing the file/project name? If that is it, I have, and it is still unsuccessful.

AClassen

• 11. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 "Online Services Encountered an Error"
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

AClassen

If and when the program lets you get beyond the Publish+Share/Private Web Album and you are through the signing in, you should see a dialog that looks like

AdobeRevelIssue.JPG

Do not change anything except what is in the Movie name field shown in the screenshot. What is in that field is the project's name, but you do not want to change anything but what is in that Adobe Revel Movie name field.

ATR

• 12. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 "Online Services Encountered an Error"
                                AClassen Level 1

ATR

Good idea, and I'm glad it works for you, but unfortunately, it still doesn't work for me . I'm not sure there is any hope for me.

AClassen