3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2006 12:24 PM by porch73

How to force IE page refresh?

porch73
      Hello.... I have a link/button in a flash file that when clicked, loads a cached version of the page (only in IE... in firefox, the latest page is always loaded). This "page" is a Basket Items page for an online store, so for example, if I add a product, remove it from the basket, click away and return to the basket page (via the link in my Flash header), the basket shows the old page (with the item still in the basket). Is there actionscript or something that I can add to the link/button that will force the latest page to be loaded?

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: How to force IE page refresh?
          Level 7
          just add a timestamp to the the page

i.e. shoppingcart.html?t=<script
          type="text/javascript">document.write("getTime(): "+new
          Date().getTime()/1000);</script>

just anything that changes every second will do

> Hello.... I have a link/button in a flash file that when clicked, loads a
          > cached version of the page (only in IE... in firefox, the latest page is always
          > loaded). This "page" is a Basket Items page for an online store, so for
          > example, if I add a product, remove it from the basket, click away and return
          > to the basket page (via the link in my Flash header), the basket shows the old
          > page (with the item still in the basket). Is there actionscript or something
          > that I can add to the link/button that will force the latest page to be loaded?
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          • 2. Re: How to force IE page refresh?
            NoNickNeeded Level 1
            Here's how I did it:

In flash, I call an fscommand:
            fscommand("reloadPage");

then in my javascript,
            function file_DoFSCommand(command, args)
            {
            if (command == "reloadPage")
            {
            this.location.reload();
            }
            }

• 3. Re: How to force IE page refresh?
              porch73 Level 1
              Great! thanks for the help....

cheers...