5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2006 1:24 AM by Newsgroup_User

simple actions that i can't figure out

stephdog
      Okay.
      1. How do I tell flash to put away the items on the current frame before going to the selected frame from the button that was just clicked on?
        • 1. Re: simple actions that i can't figure out
          Level 7

stephdog wrote:
          > Okay.
          > 1. How do I tell flash to put away the items on the current frame before going to the selected frame from the button that was just clicked on?

Can you please elaborate on that "put away the items on the current frame", not sure
          what is that you need.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: simple actions that i can't figure out
            stephdog Level 1
            I have this little piece of paper that comes down on the stage to display the dynamic text for that section of the movie. I want that paper to go back up before the other section of the site is displayed.
            • 3. Re: simple actions that i can't figure out
              Level 7

stephdog wrote:
              > I have this little piece of paper that comes down on the stage to display the
              > dynamic text for that section of the movie. I want that paper to go back up
              > before the other section of the site is displayed.

Assuming there is a button to proceed.
              Instead of making it go to frame, you make it play the closing animation
              and place the "goto frame" action at the end of the animation so it only
              proceed once it reaches the animation's last frame.

--
              Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
              </urami>
              • 4. Re: simple actions that i can't figure out
                stephdog Level 1
                my problem is that there is a menu and obviously I don't know which section the viewer will chose. How do I tell it to go to the button that was just clicked after the closing animation?
                • 5. Re: simple actions that i can't figure out
                  Level 7

stephdog wrote:
                  > my problem is that there is a menu and obviously I don't know which section the viewer will chose. How do I tell it to go to the button that was just clicked after the closing animation?

This will require some variables. I will make an example for you to help you visualize
                  the arrangement. The general idea is to make the path of GOTO action dynamic so it can
                  be change based on user choice.
                  For a simple example imagine animation from frame 2 to 20. It's the opening sequence.
                  Frame 21 has stop action and the content, then from 22 to 40 you have the closing part
                  of the animation. Right after that, frame 41 is blank, with action to goto and play based
                  on the variables set with a button.

Button action basically play the timeline and define variables in the same time.
                  The frame 41 assemble gotoAndPlay action to jump to the right place.

Assuming each section is labels p1 p2 p3 and so on.

Button:
                  _root.pa = 1;
                  _root.play();

Frame 41
                  gotoAndPlay ("p" + _root.pa);

Another button:

_root.pa = 2;
                  _root.play();

etc...

Working sample:
                  http://www.flashfugitive.com/stuff/open_close/menu_forum_01a.swf

D/L
                  http://www.flashfugitive.com/stuff/open_close/menu_forum_01a.zip

--
                  Best Regards

Urami

--

!!!!!!! Merry Christmas !!!!!!!

<urami>
                  </urami>