Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate HTML5 output with video stalls with IE11

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have a HTML5 course output with slides and video from Captivate 8 that work perfectly with Chrome however with IE11 it stalls with a permanent IE11  "loading" screen:

sample.png

The strange fact is that the video in the course plays fine, but the captivate course slides container and contents don't work and stalls.

In fact it plays fine until any action or click on the slide is called or used, even the standard playbar buttons.

The video is in .mp4 and 35 mins / 240 Mb long.

The behaviour appears both from localhost and web server access. However it does not happen if opening directly the published index.html file locally.

I would like to add this behaviour happens even when opening a new project a placing a synchronised video on a slide adding a simple button with an action.

Much appreciate any help.

Egomet

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody solved this?

Does Captivate 9 support IE11 and HTML5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It normally does.  Have you tried creating a very simple one slide project with no objects, publishing that to HTML5 and uploading that output to the same server?  Does it work then?  If so, then your issue would be with something on one of your slides in your current project.  If if doesn't, then the issue is with something about the standard Captivate output code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue, here is some output if anyone has ideas.  We have output to HTML5 and are hosting on IIS server with an in-house .Net solution for the LMS.

DOM7011: The code on this page disabled back and forward caching. For more information, see: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=291337

File: index_scorm.html

HTML1300: Navigation occurred.

DOM7011: The code on this page disabled back and forward caching. For more information, see: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=291337

HTML1512: Unmatched end tag.

File: index_scorm.html, Line: 63, Column: 2

HTML1514: Extra "<body>" tag found. Only one "<body>" tag should exist per document.

File: index_scorm.html, Line: 64, Column: 1

LMS Driver not loaded.

src = http://intranet/epotraining/vr/Vi3.mp4 error code = 4 n/w state = 3

[object Event]

{

[functions]: ,

AT_TARGET: 2,

bubbles: false,

BUBBLING_PHASE: 3,

cancelable: false,

cancelBubble: false,

CAPTURING_PHASE: 1,

constructor: { },

currentTarget: { },

defaultPrevented: false,

eventPhase: 2,

isTrusted: true,

srcElement: { },

target: { },

timeStamp: 1494364277074,

type: "error"

}

src = http://intranet/epotraining/vr/Vi4.mp4 error code = 4 n/w state = 3

[object Event]

{

[functions]: ,

AT_TARGET: 2,

bubbles: false,

BUBBLING_PHASE: 3,

cancelable: false,

cancelBubble: false,

CAPTURING_PHASE: 1,

constructor: { },

currentTarget: { },

defaultPrevented: false,

eventPhase: 2,

isTrusted: true,

srcElement: { },

target: { },

timeStamp: 1494364277385,

type: "error"

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are currently suffering from this HTML5 issue as well in IE11, this happens randomly on Win7 and on almost every video page on Win10.

What we see - The page loads up and plays the video for a few seconds, then the loading icon appears. The video continues in the background whilst the timeline is paused (so any graphics that have been overlayed don't appear). Once the video has finished, the loading icon disappears and all the timeline graphics rush through to as they should be at the end of the Captivate timeline.

Video of issue:

Captivate loading issue

We have tried both CP9 and CP2017 (both same issue). We are loading the videos as "progressive" and have tried the video on one slide or across multiple slides. Interestingly Event videos work fine in IE11, but these are no use as we need the timeline synced and to have controls available from the course navigation.

We have also replicated the issue using a blank file with different videos, so this appears not to be an isolated issue with the file. It seems to be a problem between IE11 and Captivate (as no issue with many other browsers and mobile devices).

We have spent many hours trying to resolve this and are running out of ideas, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to solve this issue as follows:

- Internet Options > Advanced > Accelerated Graphics

- Activate the option "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering"

- Restart IE

Reiner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I have tried your solution using a Win10 Laptop with IE11. Unfortunately after selecting that option, restarting computer and testing... the problem still occurs.

Something else we tried with mixed results, was to back the video off the start of the timeline, so instead of starting at 0 sec it was maybe 1sec (giving it a bit of buffering time). This almost eradicated the issue for us, but the client could still see it (yes they were clearing caches, trying different machines and trying different networks).

Adobes solution was to re-encode the videos to a higher bitrate than we had previously (without much explanation as to why). Previously our videos were encoded in Media Encoder to 0.5Mbps (min and max), but we were told to change it to 2Mbps (min and max). This almost tripled our video files sizes, and for some unknown reason (like with backing the video off the start of the timeline), this almost eradicated the issue for us, but again, the client could still break the course consistently.

In the end, our solution was extreme. We rebuilt the whole project using Storyline 360 and are having no video issues. As a bonus, it also addressed a separate issue where Iphones popout video from the course, Storyline have implemented a fix for this which I think Captivate should take note of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

According to your Errors:

error code = 4 n/w state = 3

Error code 4 means audio/video not supported

n/w state 3 means no audio/video source found

It could be something with the codec. Those are definitely errors returned from the video object, Captivate is just reporting them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experiencing this same issue. While my video is running, I see the gray loading screen, and all controls are disabled. Through some thorough debugging, I've been able to identify that this is built in to Captivate Captivate has a div call blockUserInteraction that gets enabled anytime it thinks the video is buffering. When this div is enabled, it blocks all other interactions. I've found that I can hide this interaction so that it doesn't make the screen gray by adding some javascript to the slide when it starts: {$('.loadingBackground').css({'background-color':'#fff', 'opacity':'0'});} but it still blocks any interaction with the slide. I've also tried deleting the div, which caused other issues, and moving the div off of the slide. Moving the div off of the slide seems to work. I could now access the buttons on the slide, and the skin buttons. I can see the button states change, but clicking the buttons was unresponsive.

I'm hoping this information will help someone shine the light on where the problem in Captivate is, so we can find a fix.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have also tried all the things that you have mentioned and came across the same further issues.

It would be good if Adobe looked into fixing issues with Captivate, but they rarely do. This issue is still apparent in Captivate 2019.

We would like to continue using Captivate, but this video issue is making us pick up Storyline more frequently now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you logged the bug with Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, and the team has spoken to them over the phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But still no solution, I take it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Afraid so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try executing this script on enter of the slide with the video

setInterval(function(){cp.Movie.prototype.unblockUI();},1000);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the input TLC. Unfortunately the loading issue still appears for us when trying your solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources