3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2015 2:30 PM by IsakTen

Has the sign tool in Internet Explorer 10 in Acrobat 9 been removed in Acrobat Pro DC??

brucet8352914

I have a requirement to add a signature image to an existing PDF using a Topaz GemPlus signature capture pad, when launching the PDF from an Internet Explorer 10 browser window. This worked in prior versions, including Acrobat 9, but appears to have been removed or hidden in the latest Acrobat Pro DC version.  The "Fill & Sign" tool option on the right panel says "Fill & Sign not available in Browser..."  I do not have the option to save the PDF file and launch Acrobat outside of the IE browser environment.  The integration with the Topaz device -- whereby simply drawing a rectangular box using the mouse activated the signature capture pad -- also appears to have changed or been removed in the new "Fill & Sign" tool.

In summary, I need to be able to click on the "Sign" tool in a browser window, draw a rectangle for the signature box, automatically open the device to draw and capture the signature, and then Save a Copy of the modified PDF file.  Authenticated digital signature and certificates are not required for my purposes.

Thanks in advance for any help, suggestions, or commiseration if in fact Adobe has removed these critically required capabilities in the upgraded Acrobat Pro DC version I purchased today.