1 Reply Latest reply on May 4, 2006 7:58 AM by Newsgroup_User

including PDF's, DOC's in CFM page?

rgurganus Level 1
      I'm doing an application submission web interface, and part of the process prompts for attachments, either Word Docs or PDFs, plus general database fields outputed to HTML with CF. The attachments are uploaded through CFFILE and stored on the server. The client is asking if there is any way to include the attachments directly in the same interface, rather than just a link? So if someone prints the application, it does the whole thing in one swoop. The only thing I can think if is an iframe pointing to each attachment, but I would have doubts that this would work. Any other alternatives? If anyone knows that it's not possible and can state this, please do, so I can have something authoritative to send back to the client. Thanks.
        • 1. Re: including PDF's, DOC's in CFM page?
          Level 7
          The only way I can see to d this is to convert the pdf and doc files to html
          or maybe flash paper. A browser can't display those file types inline
          without a plug in. And even then a word doc will always open in Word when
          using a browser other than IE.

--
          Bryan Ashcraft (remove brain to reply)
          Web Application Developer
          Wright Medical Technologies, Inc.
          =============================
          Macromedia Certified Dreamweaver Developer
          Adobe Community Expert (DW) :: http://www.macromedia.com/go/team

"rgurganus" <rgurganus@citidc.com> wrote in message
          news:e3b1n0$hil$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > I'm doing an application submission web interface, and part of the process
          > prompts for attachments, either Word Docs or PDFs, plus general database
          > fields
          > outputed to HTML with CF. The attachments are uploaded through CFFILE and
          > stored on the server. The client is asking if there is any way to include
          > the
          > attachments directly in the same interface, rather than just a link? So
          > if
          > someone prints the application, it does the whole thing in one swoop. The
          > only
          > thing I can think if is an iframe pointing to each attachment, but I would
          > have
          > doubts that this would work. Any other alternatives? If anyone knows
          > that
          > it's not possible and can state this, please do, so I can have something
          > authoritative to send back to the client. Thanks.
          >