6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2015 6:31 PM by bford225

info

bford225 Level 1

Hi just want to say thank you for the embed html code for publish online for indesign file to a  web site . now that its there. i would like to know how to take the full use of the concept idea. and put it to real test.

. i have a model release form that i would like to turn into a interactive pdf file and then publish online as a website .

so how would i do this? do i use acrobat pdf converter and then use indesign

thanks

• 1. Re: info
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

I'm not sure I understand what you want to do but it does not sound at all like the intent of Publish Online. An embed code will only give you an iframe to display your publication on your website but it remains hosted by Adobe.

• 2. Re: info
            bford225 Level 1

i see.  i was trying to figure out if it was possible to ebed a form that i have uploaded inside indesign as a pdf and published it online, and then add to a web site.

i was trying to do the same thing that forms central had for the iframe app.  http://musewidgets.com/products/adobe-formscentral

that is a widget that was made for muse.

i saw this  indesign update for publish online. and it says it can work. https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/how-to/self-publishing-online.html

but the problem i am getting is trying to get a form word document  to pdf format and then publish it online using indesign publish services or acrobat.com. and then from there add it to a web site built in adobe muse.

you know how adobe muse has forms like a contact form.  where you can fill out the info online and submit it. well i am trying to have a model release form to be filled out online  so there will be two options. download as pdf which i know how to do and then fill out online.

thats all. but so far there not a widget out there that i know of for muse. there was and it was forms central before it got discontinued.

then i heard about indesign publish online and found out it can do similar things.  so far i can get the file embed on the site. thats easy.  but how to get as fill out part. confused.  i am wondering if theres a way that indesign and publish online has a way to make a form to be filled out online when embedded as html file iframe on a web site in muse.?

• 3. Re: info
              bford225 Level 1

or am i getting to  of a head start before its even able

• 4. Re: info
                BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

What you are asking can not be done. Do the form on the website, not in the publish online document.

• 5. Re: info
                  bford225 Level 1

i see