2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2015 7:05 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 13 - No rendering of the editing window or final video possible

simonm46987010

Hey everyone,

since today Premiere Elements won't render anymore. If I try to render the editing window, it stops after 1-2 seconds without any error message. If I try to render the whole project to a file it stops after a couple of seconds with the error, that the hard drive has no space but in fact there are 1,25TB available.

I tried it with a project that worked perfect 3 weeks ago and even there it isn't working anymore.

I recently updated to Windows 10, so maybe that's the reason.

If anyone knows this problem or can help me in some way I would really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Simon

System.PNG

disc.PNG

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 13 - No rendering of the editing window or final video possible
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Simon

Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 10.

Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus disabled?

Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

Does the problem exist with and without the preference "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher)" disabled?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer and are you running the programs as administrator?

With the Timeline rendering....

a. do you have the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar spanning the whole Timeline content? What are the properties of the content that you are trying to Timeline render to get the best possible preview as viewed in the Edit area monitor?

b. Have you installed any new programs, plugins, or codecs?

c. If you ignore Timeline rendering does the program allow you to continue to a successful export to file or burn to disc?

I have Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows 10 Home 64 bit and Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and have not experienced the problem that you describe. My general impression is that Premiere Elements successes and failures are the same before and after upgrade to Windows 10.

Please review and consider and then we can decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 13 - No rendering of the editing window or final video possible
            simonm46987010 Level 1

"Does the problem exist with and without the preference "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher)" disabled?"

The instance I changed this preference it startet working again.

Thanks a lot!!!

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 13 - No rendering of the editing window or final video possible
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Simon

Thanks for posting the outcome from the suggestions. Great news that the disabling of the Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher related preference worked for you. Interesting result...typically I have seen enabling and disabling of that preference impacting exporting but not Timelline rendering related to Edit area previewing. Good information to have in the user troubleshooting toolbox.

Great follow through.

Best wishes

ATR