1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 25, 2015 6:05 AM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Premiere Elements 12 stopped working

rhysc4486816

I'm running Adobe Premiere Elements 12 and have been for over 18 months now. Never had a problem with it and now all of the sudden when I open a file it closes automatically and says, "Adobe Premiere Elements has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Now the weird thing is it doesn't happen to all my videos, only the ones that I have recently worked on. It's been happening for a week now and I was able to open the file, from there I worked on it and when i was ready to save and close I would go to close the program and it would prompt me to save. I would hit save and normally it would save and close - but nothing happened. I would try it again and still nothing would happen. The only way the program will close is if I hit "don't save".

When I try to re-open this file is when I get the stopped working message. But I can open my other files but as soon as they are open and I begin to work on them I get the same problem when i try to save, close and re-open them, which I find is really weird. Anyone have any solution to the problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

And also the only thing I can think that I have done to my computer recently is I installed InDesign CS6, Illustrator CS6 and Photoshop CS6. Although I did this about 4 days before I first got prompt with the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12 stopped working
          A.T. Romano Level 7

rhysc

What computer operating system is involved? And, have you updated Premiere Elements 12 to 12.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

In what workspace are you working - Expert or Quick?

What are the properties of the videos that are involved in this issue? When you refer to "file" are you referring to the project file (.prel) or the video file that is being used as source media, or both?

Please clarify....does your problem relate

a. to any aspect of the act of importing the video into a new Premiere Elements project?

b. to only the reaction of the program after the file has been imported into a new Premiere Elements project?

c. only to problems when you try to open a saved closed project?

The usual drill questions

a. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewalls disabled?

b. Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

c. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements 12 and are you running the programs as administrator?

d. Are any of your source media from a cell phone, iPad, or other device that records with a variable frame rate?

Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR