7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2017 12:26 PM by alang93608658

Adobe Premiere Elements 13 running very slow and erratic now I have windows 10

Major Paul

Adobe Premiere Elements 13 running very slow and erratic now I have windows 10

HELP REQUIRED ASAP PLEASE!!!

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 running very slow and erratic now I have windows 10
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

There are many factors to consider, including what operating system you used to use, what processor you have, how much RAM you have, what format of video you're editing, etc.

But, before we even get to that, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program? An operating system upgrade is a major change and can knock some files out of place.

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 running very slow and erratic now I have windows 10
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Major Paul

Was Premiere Elements 13 running OK on the operating system that existed before the upgrade to Windows 10? Or, did you buy a computer with Windows 10 and install Premiere Elements 13 on that and are now facing Premiere Elements 13 performance issues? What Windows 10 are you using...Windows 10 Home 64 bit or Windows 10 Pro 64 bit?

Have you upgrade 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates? If not, please do that.

When is the program running very slow and erratic? Please describe the project conditions at that time

a. What is your project preset and what are the properties of your source media?

b. Do the problems exist if you create a new project?

General questions...

a. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewalls disabled?

b. Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

c. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements, and are you running the programs as administrator?

Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...reminder, this is not Adobe, rather essentially a user to user forum.

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 running very slow and erratic now I have windows 10
              Major Paul Level 1

Thanks for your replies.

I have as yet not tried reinstalling.  I had Adobe Premiere Elements 11 and Adobe Premiere Elements 13 that I have now is the upgrade. If I have to do a re-install do I have to start with 11 first?

I upgraded to Windows Home 10 version 64 bit.  Until then EVERYTING was working fine.

Yes at the moment it tells me that I have 13.1 Elements 13

Running problems include so slow to open up effects e.g. to add titles to effects and when I run anything in the edit to view it occasionally jumps its not smooth running.

Have not created a new project as I don't want to loose what I have done. Its not a huge bit edit just a wedding.

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 running very slow and erratic now I have windows 10

It doesn't matter what order you reinstall in. Versions 11 and 13 are separate, unconnected programs.

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 running very slow and erratic now I have windows 10
                  Major Paul Level 1

Thanks again.

So what you are saying is that I can uninstall Version 13 then re install 13 whether or not I have 11 installed?

If that is the case why was Elements 13 sold as an upgrade and not full programme?

Also in doing that I won't loose what I have already edited?

• 6. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 running very slow and erratic now I have windows 10

The "upgrade" was just a special price given to current owners of the program. You get the same program regardless of whether you bought the upgrade or just bought the program outright. So, no, you don't need version 11 to install version 13.

• 7. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 running very slow and erratic now I have windows 10
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Major Paul

You should not lose any of your Premiere Elements 11 projects if you decide to purchase and install Premiere Elements 13.

But, be advised, that projects that you create in Premiere Elements 13 cannot be opened in Premiere Elements 11.

And, if you open and edit a Premiere Elements 11 project in Premiere Elements 13, you cannot go back to edit the now 13 project in 11.

To be safe, it might be a good idea to work with a copy of the 11 project when and if you decide to edit it in 13.

Also, if you create slideshows, the Elements Organizer 11 slideshow is markedly different than the Elements Organizer 13 slideshow.

Although you can convert an Elements Organizer 11 catalog in Elements Organizer 13, Elements Organizer 13 will force you to convert the 11 slideshow to the slideshow 13 format before it is accepted in the Elements Organizer 13.

If you are interested in further information on the above or clarification of it, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best wishes with your projects.

ATR

• 8. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 running very slow and erratic now I have windows 10
                        alang93608658

Same issue:

I have a power computer and this is the described issue.  Adobe no help of course.

I believe the software is flawed.

Trying to get elements 13 to work prop;erly is getting frustrating.

When I move (for example) from elive to media in organizer it takes for ever.  It seems to take forever to bring up resources also.

I have a GB network here with multiple computers and 2 1GB switches to my Netgear quad router with 3 bands  .  The power computer has 32GB ram, 1TB of available storage in the computer drives, 8TB storage in my cloud drives, Intel 7 quad processor, Nvidia graphics card with the latest firmware loaded.I have Elements 13.1 installed.

So, why is Elements 13 so slow  and is it fixable?  It borders on not wanting to use it.

Alan