3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2015 11:28 AM by A.T. Romano

Audio turns into static on published movies

ajprice1994

The audio track works perfectly when I am viewing the project in Premier Elements but when I publish it, there is nothing but some weird static noise. I also get a "scratch disk error" when I open this same project. It says:

The scratch disks are write protected or unavailable. To open this project, the scratch disks will be sent to your My Documents folder. Would you like to continue?

I click yes and the program seems to work fine, but still no success in publishing the movie. This happens both when publishing to both "mobile phones and players" and the "social websites" options.

I'm sure these two issues are related but there is a third that happened at the same time. Under the Publish & Share button, I am unable to share to computer (which I normally do). I can roll my mouse over it and it highlights and clicks like normal but nothing happens.
      Can anyone help me with this? I'd really like to publish the movie so I can get the raw files off my computer and free up some space. I'm running version 13.1 on a 2012 MacBook Pro with Yosemite 10.10.5. Everything on the computer is stock except for the new Western Digital 500gb HHD is had put in 3 days ago. I have 89gb of free space on my hard drive some I sure that's not the problem...

• 1. Re: Audio turns into static on published movies
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ajprice1994

Where is your project saved to? And, what are the save location(s) for the Scratch Disks. See Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks.

Let us go through the drill...

a. What is the project preset?

b. What are the properties of the source media?

c. What are you exact export settings for save to file or burn to disc?

But, first look to permissions including deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file which I believe can be found on Mac

Libraries\Application Support\Adobe\Premiere Elements\13.0. Also think about clearing the Media Cache Files Folder and the Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder.

ATR

• 2. Re: Audio turns into static on published movies
            ajprice1994 Level 1

My project is saved to document>adobe>premiere elements>13.0

I don't seem to have a preferences file.

I cleared the media cache folder and the preview files folder.

Can I just re download Premiere Elements? Will that fix everything?

• 3. Re: Audio turns into static on published movies
              A.T. Romano Level 7

ajprice1004

Regarding Scratch Disks message....

Are all your scratch disks directed to the 13.0 Folder where the project file (.prel) is saved? How much free space is at the scratch disks save locations? If 89 GB?

As for a Premiere Elements Editor settings file (preferences), do you have a folder option named Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives disabled. Explore that as the reason for not finding the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file.

If all else does not resolved the problem, then go for

uninstall

free ccleaner run through  Piriform - CCleaner Mac

reinstall

But we will be keeping the following in mind if that does not resolve the issue.

Because of your issue with generating an export, we cannot rule out video properties and project settings. In this regard,

a. Do you confirm that you have QuickTime 7 latest version installed along with Premiere Elements on your computer

b. You are running the programs as administrator

c. What is the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded your video (what file extension)

d. What is your project settings

e. Where on the computer are you storing the files that you are importing as source media into your project?

ATR