1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 25, 2015 11:37 AM by A.T. Romano

Error Message from existing project while loading AVI-Files in Premiere Elementes 12 under Windows 10.

gunnarberlin

Error Message while loading an long time existing project: "Dieser Dateityp wird nicht unterstützt oder erfordert einen nicht installierten Codex" in English: "This file type is not supported or a not installed codec is needed."   But: The same file can be watched e.g. ein media player without problems! The project was open already in Premiere Elements 12, but under Windows 7. I had to setup the PC and changed to Windows 10. Then I opened the project...

Any ideas how to solve?

AVI-File is imported from DV-Camcorder.

Best regards

Gunnar

• 1. Re: Error Message from existing project while loading AVI-Files in Premiere Elementes 12 under Windows 10.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Gunnar

What are the properties of this avi file - can we assume PAL DV AVI standard or widescreen?

Do you have other avi files of its kind that open or are they all not opening in Premiere Elements 12/12.1 on Windows 10?

Please put the file through the free GSpot codec utility to confirm the Video Name, Codec, Status and Audio Name, Codec of the file.

GSpot Codec Information Appliance

What program created this DV AVI file, presumed via DV data capture firewire to give you your original DV AVI files? Premiere Elements 12/12.1 or other?

It has been my impression that the Premiere Elements successes and failures are the same before and after the Windows 10 upgrade.

Please go through the usual drill

a. What version of QuickTime installed and are you running the program as administrator?

b. Is video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

c. Does the problem exist with or without the antivirus and firewalls disabled?

Have you attempted to uninstall Premiere Elements 12, do the free ccleaner run through, and then reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

I would leave this choice for the end. I have found Premiere Elements 12 to be one of the more difficult of the versions to reinstall after an uninstall even before Windows 10 64 bit.

ATR