4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2017 10:17 PM by wobertc

Why is my adjustment brush not working?

treesplace

working on a photo and I can't seem to get the adjustment brush to not change the entire photo exposure and let me use the brush only. Also the brush area is not set up like the videos I am trying to learn from.
      What am I doing wrong?

• 1. Re: Why is my adjustment brush not working?
          Bob Somrak Level 5

Click the little black triangle to the right of the word Effect: and below the word  Edit  to open the brush sliders.  You are probably using the Global Sliders.

Screen Shot 2015-08-25 at 7.00.40 PM.png

• 2. Re: Why is my adjustment brush not working?
            treesplace Level 1

Thank you so much! I found it but now your answer will help me find it again. When watching the youtube videos and Adobe sometimes they are not up to speed with the newer CC.Wow...thanks/

• 3. Re: Why is my adjustment brush not working?
              lulib3000

My brush is not working at all.  I have pressed every button and nothing seems to work!

• 4. Re: Why is my adjustment brush not working?
                wobertc Adobe Community Professional

So you -

Select the Brush Tool  (or press 'K' ). The Brush Panel appears immediately below the Tools.

(See Correct answer above if you do not see all the sliders)

Set the Brush sliders for the wanted adjustment (eg. exposure +1, etc)

Set the Brush size by the slider (or the [ ] bracket keys) noting the size of the brush circles on the photo.

Set the Brush Feathering by the slider (or SHIFT+ [ ] bracket keys), noting the difference in size between the two brush circles.

Set the Brush Opacity to '100'

You see the concentric circles on the image that is the Brush.

Paint the adjustment on the image by holding the L-mouse button as you drag the Brush on the image.

Press 'O' to see an overlay (sometimes called a mask)

Press Shift+O to toggle through the colors of the overlay.

Now- what is not working for you?

Any error messages?

What do you see?