2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2006 8:35 AM by mcd

cfml-tags in string variables and outputting

mcd
      Hello,

i'm implementing a small content-managment system in my web-application, based on cf-mx7.
      i have an html-editor for editing the web-content (FCKeditor). The content is then saved to the database.
      Now my application simpliefied loads the content from database and outputs it with <cfoutput>#mycontent#</cfoutput> where mycontent is the variable where the content is loaded to via cfquery-tag.
      So far so good. This works fine.
      Now i want to integrate some cfml-tags into the web-content. so that variabe mycontent contains html-code mixed with cfml-tags. but now the cfml-tags are only outputted to the browser as they are and are not processed by coldfusion.

does anybody now how to implement that?

may regards and thanks for your help
      mcdroemmel
        • 1. Re: cfml-tags in string variables and outputting
          Kevin Schmidt Level 1
          What tags do you want to put into the content and why?

Perhaps there is a better way to do what you want to accomplish.
          • 2. Re: cfml-tags in string variables and outputting
            mcd Level 1
            Hello,

thanks for your answer.

The reason is following:
            I show my content on a cfml web page using a <cfmodule>-tag, where the template-parameter identifies a custom-tag which gets the id of my content-object in the database. that tag has some additional funcitionality such a show links for editing the content when the actual user is the content-owner and show header and footers. It also loads the content, identified by the id of the content in the database, and outputs it using <cfoutput>#mycontent#</cfoutput>

Now my intention is, that i want to use cf-tags in the content. with that i want to indirectly nest some <cfmodule>-tags. The result should be, that my content itself contains content-objects, but for that my first content has to contain that <cfmodule>tags

i hope i could descripe to you what my intention is.

regards
            mcdroemmel