This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
> I've been working on this site for years. When I try to set up Contribute 3 I
> get this message: "Dreamweaver copuld not find a page at the specified site
> root URL. Please check the site root URL". Check it for what? It works fine
> in Dreamweaver. What's missing?
> I'm using Dreamweaver 8, Contribute 3, Windows XP.
> My site URL is http://xx.xx.xx.xx:2100
> thanks, Kim
I guess this is a Dreamweaver issue rather than Contribute's. However i
have also encountered this issue once, but i have resolved it by adding
Primary DNS, Secondary DNS to my machine, whose subnet had one of the
machines where my site was hosted. I strongly feel this has something to
do with the way dreamweaver is trying to ping your site when you click
on the "Test URL".
Also check out this TechNote relating to Dreamwaver and Contribute contribute.xml file is deleted when the local and remote folders are the same in a Dreamweaver site definition. http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19261
- Are you getting the error message in Dreamweaver or in Contribute? Could you try to connect to a different site? Are you getting the same error?
- Does the issue happen on all of the sites that you are working on?
- Were you able to make this particular connection work before?
- Are you able to make a connection work when using the default HTTP port?
- Di you install the latest updates for both Dreamweaver and Contribute?
- What operating system are you using?
Same issue. Can browse the site with IE and Firefox, but for the life of me, when I attempt to get to it through DW OR Contribute, they both tell me unble to fide a page at the site root