• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I unistall Lightroom CC and reinstall on different drive?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Lightrrom CC, which installed to my C: Drive. I did not realize that the software was over 1.4 gbs and as such it has filled my C: Drive. In the past I have always installed Lightroom on a different drive, which is my preference. Can I reliably un-install from my C: drive and will I be able to reinstall on my preferred drive? I thought it best to ask first rather that removing Lightroom and hoping I could then access the download link to reinstall on another drive.

Thank you

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

you can try but previous versions of lr have installed on the c-drive despite designating a different drive.

uninstall lr cc>open your cc desktop app>click the gear icon (upper right)>click preferences>click creative cloud>installation location>pick your location>reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can try but previous versions of lr have installed on the c-drive despite designating a different drive.

uninstall lr cc>open your cc desktop app>click the gear icon (upper right)>click preferences>click creative cloud>installation location>pick your location>reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information. I suspected that the process would be straight forward, but experience has taught me not to take certain things for granted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

were you able to install lr cc 2015 on a different drive after changing the cc desktop app setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was able to install it on my photographic specific drive, which is where I install all my photography related software. The only issue which arose was that when I launched Lightrrom cc it did not immediately connect with my catalogue, but this was easily remedied by selecting the specific catalogue and Lightroom then picked up on it and all is well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

good to hear that previous adobe lr relocation problem has been solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines