3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2015 8:06 AM by John T Smith

How do I share a video to see it on my mini iPad?

Liblady12

Using Premiere 13 on my Mac OS  Yosemite Version 10.10.5, and I "saved" a copy of the movie so I could view it on my mini iPad.  I could not locate the "saved" place so called the support people and with a Chat was advised to try saving it again to my desktop and it said it had been saved to my desktop, but I do not see it any place.  I did save a copy as an ISO, and I made a DVD.  Does anyone know where I can retrieve my "saved" copy so I can use it on my mini iPad?  Premiere Elements

• 1. Re: How do I share a video to see it on my mini iPad?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Liblady12

What specific Publish+Share/Computer/ route are you using? Or are you using instead Publish+Share/Mobile Phones and Players?

What are you designating in the Save In location in the export settings area - Desktop? Are you giving the export file a distinctive name that would stand out in a group of files.

Even if you believe the save location is Desktop, have you looked in the computer for this export by name?

ATR

Add On....have you updated 13 to 13.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

• 2. Re: How do I share a video to see it on my mini iPad?
            Liblady12 Level 1

Yes, was using Publish+Share/Mobile Phones and Players?  Have not updated 13.1 using opened project's Help.  I have watched two videos on exporting but none talked about the export step-by-step for the mobile phones and players. 

No, did not give a "distinctive name."  But nothing appeared on my desktop.

• 3. Re: How do I share a video to see it on my mini iPad?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Liblady12

I am strictly an Elements Windows user who tries to find common ground between Premiere Elements Windows and Mac, when trying to contribute to Premiere Elements Mac issues/solutions.

Have you saved to your computer desktop successfully in the past?

From what I have read, it is not a default location. But, can be set for Save As with Command D (Apple D). Have you found that to be true?

As applicable

a. Give the export a distinctive name

b. Set the Save In (with Command D) if that is an option

c. Repeat the export

d. Search for the export on the desktop, and, if not found, search the whole computer in the likelihood that it went to some place else by default.

Please let us know if any of the above worked for you. In the Windows counterpart, I would be suggesting that you disable a certain Use Hardware Acceleration preference, but I believe that Mac does not have that preference.

ATR

• 4. Re: How do I share a video to see it on my mini iPad?
                John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Two other messages with the same question

How do I share a video to see it on my mini iPad?

Sharing video to iPad

This is an open forum, not a direct line to Adobe support... you need to wait for a reply

Locking this message