6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2016 2:58 AM by Palm Equipment

hide InDesign CC libraries panel

susanmoulton Level 1

I was in the general forum, and it said this discussion was moved to InDesign, but a search in InDesign turned up nothing.

I need to hide the CC Libraries panel. Whenever I create a new style, the CC Libraries panel opens and gets in the way of other panels making workflow difficult and highly annoying. How can I permanently hide this panel. I am aware of the swatches "add to CC Libraries," which is not a checkbox for me but permanently there as a button. So far, the most annoying feature of 2015.

• 1. Re: hide InDesign CC libraries panel
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

When you create a new swatch or a new style, at the bottom of the [New Swatch / New Paragraph Style etc.] dialog box, uncheck Add to CC Library. That should be sticky and not be turned on unless you check again.

• 2. Re: hide InDesign CC libraries panel
            susanmoulton Level 1

Why is this marked correct answer. I didn't mark it as correct? …don't get that. Anyway, what you are saying is that if I go to create a new swatch OR if I create a NEW paragraph style (or another type of style) there should be a checkbox that appears in the New dialog box that I can uncheck for those situations. I see that, but apparently regardless of whether or not that checkbox is checked, I still get the panel. I will look into this further when I am at my place of employment to check the settings and app behavior there. This is a very confusing feature in InDesign. Thanks for your help.

• 3. Re: hide InDesign CC libraries panel
              Ellis home Level 4

I remember having this issue after updating to CC 2015. But once I moved the CC Libraries panel with the others in my workspace, it didn't pop up anymore.

CC Libraries.JPG

• 4. Re: hide InDesign CC libraries panel
                Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you uncheck Add to CC Library, it won't pop open when you add a swatch or style.

But it won't make the CC Library panel disappear.

• 5. Re: hide InDesign CC libraries panel
                  Palm Equipment

Why are 'libraries' shoved in our face?

When I open a new blank workspace, the libraries panel appears. If I remove it and close Indesign, shouldn't it be removed from that workspace next time I start up, just like any other panel? Instead it pops up every time I start Indesign.

Now that everyone knows about libraries, why not make it an opt in (with controls CC wide in the CC app manager) rather than an opt out (which appears not to be a full option at the moment)?

I don't want or need this feature, but would love some simpler stuff ... like arrowhead control on a stroke just like Illustrator!

Please let me turn it all off.

• 6. Re: hide InDesign CC libraries panel
                    Palm Equipment Level 1

To be clear, I actually do use the old, non-cloud libraries when I switch between related projects with shared features. But just like snippets, I do that myself in my own jobs and filing system ... offline.

If we have a cloud drive space, which acts like a simple drive in our native operating system, we do not need to manage files like this in some new interface to move between machines, we have it right there already. The new CC's libraries thing is feature bloat.