1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 26, 2015 10:49 AM by Rick Gerard

imported song to upload to a music channel

planetarium

Hi guys im new to after effects but ive looked at other solutions and nothing has happend the way i need it to go - im currently uploading music to my channel and after effects is only rendering the first 20 seconds of the song and not the full timeline i need a correct tutorial on how to fix it

if you could help me out that would mean a lot to me

~ Thanks

• 1. Re: imported song to upload to a music channel
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

First we need to ask you this: why do you need After Effects?  Why not use some other software?

• 2. Re: imported song to upload to a music channel
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You must be trying to upload a music video of some kind. If you are using something like YouTube then you should be using the Adobe Media Encoder to render an mp4 for upload. Use the h.264 preset and pick a YouTube or Vimeo preset that matches your composition's frame rate and frame size. Most common is YouTube HD 29.97 in non European countries. Make sure you have not set the work area to 20 seconds.

If you are using the default output module preset in AE then you are rendering a DI (digital intermediate) with lossless compression and the length of the work area. If you want to change these settings then you have to understand what you are doing. If you do understand rendering, formats, audio formats and you have setup a custom output then we need to know exactly what you are doing. There are some bugs in audio in the Render Cue, but if you use the AME you should be fine.