5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2015 11:41 AM by A.T. Romano

Question:  How to properly setup chapter markers vs scene markers

AC's

I'm trying to build a video project of continuous play music videos.  I have the project built with scene markers between each video.  The issue is that when I build the CD, it doesn't skip to the next video where the scene marker is located when I press the next button on the DVD player.  Should I move to chapter markers?  I want the player to move from one music video to the next automatically unless I press the forward or back "Next" button.

I didn't see a music video template to help create my project, so I was creating it manually.  The continuous video works, but the markers aren't working like the ones on purchased DVD movie videos.

Thanks,

• 1. Re: Question:  How to properly setup chapter markers vs scene markers
          A.T. Romano Level 7

AC's

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

What specific disc menu (Movie menu) is involved?

Are you going for a main menu with Play All and Scene Selection buttons and a scene menu that opens to the scenes (music videos) which trace back to the Timeline level with scene markers?

Before we go further, I need clarification on what you are doing at the TV DVD player playback level of your DVD-VIDEO on DVD with menus.

You say

I want the player to move from one music video to the next automatically unless I press the forward or back "Next" button.

If you do not use stop markers in the Timeline content, when you hit the Play All button on the main menu, the playback should go from music video 1 through to the last video without stopping. And, if the viewer does not want to Play All, the viewer can click on Scene Selection to go to the Scene Selection Page to pick a particular music video to start with. But, with no stop markers, the viewer will view the selected music video first and then everything after that continuously to the last music video.

Please review, consider, and clarify

The continuous video works, but the markers aren't working like the ones on purchased DVD movie videos.

if you have gone through the above and have the issue.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Question:  How to properly setup chapter markers vs scene markers
            AC's Level 1

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?  Premiere Elements 13 of Mac

What specific disc menu (Movie menu) is involved?  I followed the guided instructions to create my own, since I didn't see a menu/template for music videos.

Are you going for a main menu with Play All and Scene Selection buttons and a scene menu that opens to the scenes (music videos) which trace back to the Timeline level with scene markers?  Yes, this is what I attempted.  IS there a pre-built or recommended version to use?

Before we go further, I need clarification on what you are doing at the TV DVD player playback level of your DVD-VIDEO on DVD with menus.  My objective is to assemble 18 music videos for continuous playback, but have the option to skip forward or back between music videos.

You say

I want the player to move from one music video to the next automatically unless I press the forward or back "Next" button.

If you do not use stop markers in the Timeline content, when you hit the Play All button on the main menu, the playback should go from music video 1 through to the last video without stopping. And, if the viewer does not want to Play All, the viewer can click on Scene Selection to go to the Scene Selection Page to pick a particular music video to start with. But, with no stop markers, the viewer will view the selected music video first and then everything after that continuously to the last music video.

Please review, consider, and clarify

The continuous video works, but the markers aren't working like the ones on purchased DVD movie videos.

if you have gone through the above and have the issue.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Question:  How to properly setup chapter markers vs scene markers
              A.T. Romano Level 7

AC's

You should be able to accomplish your stated goal by placing Timeline scene markers at the beginning of each music video that exists side by side on the project's Timeline Video Track 1/Audio Track 1.

I am not clear what you are using for the Movie Menu for your project and how you introduced it into the project. You should be able to customize any of the Adobe themes (Tools/Movie Menu) within the Movie Menu customization area of the project.

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Creating disc menus

There is a Movie Menu theme in Premiere Elements 13/13.1 named Music Video. It is found under the Entertainment category. I have road tested that menu in a project as you have described (including using TV DVD player remote's Skip option to move from music video to music video when the Play All is in effect).

It worked for me.

Please consider and let me know if it works for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Question:  How to properly setup chapter markers vs scene markers
                AC's Level 1

Thank You.  I will go look and try this out. 

• 5. Re: Question:  How to properly setup chapter markers vs scene markers
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

AC's

Any questions or need clarification along the way, please do not hesitate to stop and ask for more information.

Thanks.

ATR