4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2015 11:42 PM by Ankit Rajpoot

Robohelp 2015: Responsive HTML5 output crashes browser due to "long-running script"

CN13579 Level 1

I just upgraded from Robohelp 11 to Robohelp 2015. We normally generate our output in the Webhelp format, but I want to try Responsive HTML5 to take advantage of the Dynamic Content Filter feature. After converting my project and customizing the Responsive HTML5 settings, I've tried generating the output. When I open the output after Robohelp generates the files, Internet Explorer crashes/stalls, and a message pops up at the bottom of the browser stating that the "The webpage is not responding due to a long-running script." When I open the file in Chrome, I do not get this error, but the project lags and starts becoming unresponsive if I click around enough. I've tried tinkering with the Responsive HTML5 settings and even going back to the defaults... but I can't seem to get it to work. Oddly, out of the 15-20 times or so that I've tried generating the project files, one of them seemed to work... at least better than the other times. I saved a copy of that output, but I absolutely cannot reproduce it.

Does anyone have any idea what is going wrong? If it makes a difference, I am using the glossary restyling script, though I believe I have tried generating without it without any improvement.