0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2015 5:14 PM by dSparks

    Bug report?: images swap in library

    dSparks Level 1

      I just ran into a unique problem while doing a "Save As" when having multiple files open.



      I'm doing several sizes of H5 banners of the same creative. For example, 728x90, 300x250, etc.

      • After completing each banner, I do a "Save As" for the next size within its own new folder by checking the box "Save in a folder".
      • Going to my Finder (Mac), I grab the images that are going to be used for the new size and, since a few of the images are named the same for quicker updating in my workflow, replace the images in the "images" folder of the new size I just saved.
      • Going back to EA, I reload when the dialog pops up, and the new images appear bearing the size of the old divs and appear stretched/compressed.
      • I go through and resize the divs to the dimensions of the new images while the animation is left intact since there is no transforming in the animation.
      • Then, completing the new size, I publish and everything shows perfect.

      After approval of the layout and animation by the client, I have to go through and ready the assets for the pub.

      Then I had this issue on one file and only affected a few of the images that had the same name, but not all of the images of the same name.

      For example, each file has images named 1.png, 2.png, 3.png, and 4.png. (not the real names but just for an example.) Only 1.png and 3.png were affected. 2.png and 4.png were untouched.



      • I opened six .an files by choosing the files in Finder and using Cmd+O.
      • I simply do a "Save As" to each file open to "index.an" within its own new folder, within the parent folder of the original file (as seen below). This is how the publisher instructed. Again, this worked for all the files except one.

      Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 16.44.13.png

      So, in EA, I show six "index.html" files open. This way, when I have code to copy and paste, I can do it faster instead of doing each file one by one. I then "Publish", completing any HTML edits using Brackets.



      The images in the library and Finder had swapped images from another open file's library upon "Save As".

      For example:

      • 1.png, 2.png, 3.png, and 4.png in the 728x90 "images" folder are correct.
      • 1.png and 2.png in the index "images" folder are incorrect. In fact, they are the images from the 970x250 "images" folder.
      • 3.png and 4.png in the index "images" folder are correct.
      • 1.png, 2.png, 3.png, and 4.png in the 970x250 and respective index "images" folder are correct.


      Sorry for the longwinded version but I wanted to be thorough as possible.