2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2015 2:59 PM by Just Shoot Me

after merging a folder one has disappeared

tmeteer

I am a long time lightroom user.  I recently merged two folders and now one is gone completely.  It's not in my trash or the external it originally was. Please help!

• 1. Re: after merging a folder one has disappeared
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Not sure what you mean by Merge. To Merge something is to Combine 2 into 1. So of course one folder would be gone.

If what you meant to do was take 1 folder that had images and make a Sub-Folder to another folder that isn't merging it.

Do you still have all the images from both folders?

Have you looked at the upper level folder to see if there is a Sub-folder under it.

• 2. Re: after merging a folder one has disappeared
            tmeteer Level 1

Hi, thank you for replying.  I moved one folder into another.  It's gone now and is gone on my external and not anywhere to be found . So no I am missing the raw images from one of the original folders.

• 3. Re: after merging a folder one has disappeared
              ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Dragging one folder onto another folder using in LR's Folders area in Library will put the folder you're dragging as a subfolder of the one you're dropping it onto.

What sort of storage device are these folders on, an internal HD, an external HD via USB or a network HD?

• 4. Re: after merging a folder one has disappeared
                Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Just to be sure, you did this inside LR or with your File manager program?

Did you open the OS's File manager and Look in the other folder?

Which folder is missing, the one you were moving or the one you were moving to?

Was this with a Drag and Drop? Never cared for Drag & Drop. Files/Folder always seemed to not go where I intended them to go. I'm old school, Create a folder or Sub-folder, Select the things I want to copy or move, Press Ctrl + c (Copy) or Ctrl + x (Move) then highlight the folder I want them in and press Ctrl + v (Paste). That always works as intended.

If you recall any of the names of the missing RAW images do a search of your HDDs to see if you can find them. If you used the D & D method I bet they are still on your HDDs, someplace. That is unless you are using a Mac.