4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2015 7:22 PM by A.T. Romano

Burn to disc freezes program [PrEl 10 and Windows 10]

glenorand

I have Premiere Elements 10, on a laptop that previously ran Windows 7, which was just updated to windows 10. When i click on the burn option under share, the program freezes. I can share using any of the other options. Any ideas? Let me know if i need to provide any other information, I'm new to the forum.

[Title edited for clarity... Mod]

• 1. Re: Burn to disc freezes program
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Obvious question... did burn to disc work properly with Windows 7 installed?

Doing Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 [says Encore and also for All Adobe programs] will sometimes fix "odd" errors

• 2. Re: Burn to disc freezes program [PrEl 10 and Windows 10]
            A.T. Romano Level 7

glenorand

Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 10 64 bit.

What are you trying to do:

Burn to DVD-VIDEO standard or widescreen on DVD disc

Burn to AVCHD on DVD disc

or

Burn to Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc?

What specifically do you click to get the project freeze...

Share/Disc/DVD or AVCHD or Blu-ray

or

Just Share/Disc

or

Other

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on Windows 10 or any version of QuickTime installed on Windows 10? And, are you running the programs as administrator? And, as John has asked, did you have burn to disc issues before as well as after the upgrade to Windows 10? Are you confirming that the burn to folder works whereas the burn to disc does not?

Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details of your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Burn to disc freezes program
              glenorand Level 1

When I'm on the Share tab, it provides the options, web dvd, disc, online, computer, mobile phones and players, and tape. It is when I click Disc, that it locks up. It worked just fine on WIndows 7. I am trying to burn a .mp4 file, that i've added a disc menu to.

When I click on any of the other options, the program works normally. I've attempted to run it as an Administrator, but it still freezes.

• 4. Re: Burn to disc freezes program [PrEl 10 and Windows 10]
                A.T. Romano Level 7

glenorand

Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 10 64 bit. What version of QuickTime 7 are you using on your computer along with Premiere Elements 10? Please use QuickTime 7.7.6 obtained from the following link  QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows

What disc menu theme are you using and to what extent did you customize it?

Please remove the Timeline menu markers and the disc menu theme (in Disc Menus, click AutoPlay, Done). Then find out what happens when you hit Disc in the path of Share/Disc on the way to DVD.

Also, besides working from a user account with administrative privileges, make sure that you have right click the Premiere Elements 10 desktop icon and selected and applied Run As Administrator. Are you working with Internet connection? What is the video card/graphics card that you computer uses?

Let us start here and determine if we can find the factor involved in the crashes associated with the Share/Disc path. I have Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 10 64 bit and have found that it works, and it works the same before and after the upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit.

Thanks.

ATR