• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I create a new topic while working offline in RoboHelp 11?

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will creating new topics while working offline sync correctly to the server when I connect again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It will sync the topics when you go online and sync them. (I am assuming that you are using SharePoint server)

If you are using any other CMS, please specify (although it should work fine).

Thanks and Regards,

Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Surbhi!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have been working offline and have created many folders and topics.

I'm ready to sync everything to the server and presumed that when I checked all in, the new items would also be checked in, but they weren't.

Now when I select one of the new files, neither check in or check out display on the right click menu.

Please can someone help?

Louise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Surbhi.

I took your reply to my original question (about whether my work would sync back to the server correctly after working offline) as correct as you are Staff, and created hours worth of folders and topics while working offline.

Imagine my dismay when they didn't sync back to the Sharepoint server once I was back online. See link for conversation.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1983596#expires_in=86399993&token_type=bearer&access_token=eyJhbGciO...

I am now in a situation where I have about 5 weeks worth of work that isn't sync'd, and my management is asking questions.

Do you have any suggestions on what I can tell them, because I'm in a very awkward situation that I have no idea how to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you need the version history of the files in SharePoint? I would try the following:

1. Make a Backup of the SharePoint library.
  2. Use the Windows Explorer view to copy your projects files (without the PSS and CPD) to the SharePoint library. Overwriting existing files.
  3. Remove the CPD and open the project locally.

Does RH pick up the changes now?

Alternatively, you could also remove the project from version control. (Backup the SharePoint library first!) and then add the project again from within RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp