4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2015 8:55 AM by Just Shoot Me

Folders were left behind on old HD after a transfer to new HD.

cjphoto1

During a transfer of my library from an old HD to a newer HD. LR could not move a few  folders containing (5000) photos residing on the old HD, producing error messages during the transfer saying that the photos could not be moved.

(For purposes of this explanation, I use a year 2003 folder "AMEXIT" that contain subfolders relevant to this discussion.)

Here’s the folder listing from the OLD HD after the transfer, showing 2 of only 4 folders that were successfully moved along with many others that were not able to be moved:

Screen Shot 2015-08-27 at 8.47.00 AM.png

(note that all of these folders contain the same file type)

Below is the NEW HD folder listing, showing the 4 folders that were moved:

Screen Shot 2015-08-22 at 11.01.45 AM.png

Again, LR moved only those 4 folders from year 2003 and left behind many others. If I try to move any of those others into the new HD, (i.e. one named RALEIGH1) I get this message:

Screen Shot 2015-08-27 at 8.59.50 AM.png

Clearly, according to LR folder listing, it does not contain RALEIGH1

The MAC finder window shows that LR DID create the folder RALEIGH1 in the new location, but it is empty.

Using the MAC finder, I deleted the empty RALEIGH1 folder from the new HD and copied the RALEIGH1 from the OLD HD to the new HD, and then tried to IMPORT that folder back into the LR catalog.

Here’s what happens:

Screen Shot 2015-08-27 at 9.25.20 AM.png

Even though LR now sees the folder on the NEW HD, the photos are greyed out and LR will not allow the import into the Catalog.

I assume that LR believes that it already has all the photos in the new HD. However, the folder listing of the NEW HD still shows only those 4 folders as seen in the second illustration above, allowing me no access to the folders and photos that are clearly on the NEW HD.

How can I get these folders to show up in the LRCAT, and why did they not move successfully in the first place?