• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advanced Actions issue when converting a Captivate 8 project to Captivate 9.

Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that there is a problem keeping the Advanced Actions when you save a CP8 project to the new CP9.

The first 3 screenshots are from the same orginal script (Retake, Every pass, SetQuestionNumber)

Don’t be distracted of the ”CP9” differentiation in the Action Name label. The content are still identical with the Action Name “AddQuestionNumberRetake” ind the orginal project)

Retake:

Retake.png

Every Pass:

every Pass.png

SetQuestionNumber:

SetQuestionNumber.png

And finally how the Action Type transformed to a Standard actions…. in CP9:

standardaction-transformation.png

For your information: None of the existing variables are gone in the Captivate 9 conversion.

I have to rebuild my Advanced Actions and visit every single quiz slide (got about 1400 of them) to correct this issue. Or is there maybe an easier way to fix it?

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

This is a major bug that has already be posted on this forum as well. We hope for a quick fix.

Workaround: when you open the conditional action in the Advanced Actions dialog box in CP9 for the first time, be sure to edit something and use the Update button. In that case the conditional action will be preserved.

BTW: it is not converted to a standard action but to a shared action.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a major bug that has already be posted on this forum as well. We hope for a quick fix.

Workaround: when you open the conditional action in the Advanced Actions dialog box in CP9 for the first time, be sure to edit something and use the Update button. In that case the conditional action will be preserved.

BTW: it is not converted to a standard action but to a shared action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug has been driving me nuts.   I can't use Captivate 9 until the problem is resolved.  I have lots of conditional actions in my files, and I can't spend the hours fixing the broken AA.  Do I have to open every conditional action, edit and update the conditional action in my project?   I have many, or do I have to just perform this change on one conditional action?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally understand, I'm very frustrated as well. What is strange, shared conditional actions are not "bitten" by this bug, they continue to work OK after upgrading a project. I'm more than happy that I replaced advanced by shared actions whenever possible. You have to update every normal conditional action. Crossing my fingers that the patch will be posted quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm coming across another issue with Captivate 9.  I import SVG images into the library, and I see a message "1 items successfully imported", but the name of the image does not appear in the Library.  I have used the button at the top, Media>SVG and the image appears on the slide, but the name does not appear in the Library.  When I use the import icon located in the library, the explorer directory opens, I select the SVG image and click open.  Once again, a pop up window appears,  "1 item has been successfully imported", but the name of the image does not show up in the library. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SVG.PNG

Yes, did see that as well. After a while they appear in the Library, but sometimes one gets converted to an image, with a much bigger file size. Look at the screenshot, the first image was also a SVG 'ManGreen' and this one shows up as an image, it was the first I imported. The usage seems to be correct, I am busy exploring the SVG's. But have also problems with different look in SWF and HTML5 output.

Was this an upgraded project? I just discovered that when you create a project from scratch in CP9, importing SVG's to the Library works fine, and they get into the folder SVG. The former screenshot was in an upgraded project. This new one is from a new project:

SVGNew.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,  This was from a project developed in Captivate 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You see I had similar problems with upgraded projects. That is the reason why I wanted to isolate the issues due to upgrading. Especially the new features (states and SVG) seem to be bit tricky in upgraded projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources