3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2015 1:10 PM by Pattie-F

Language Preference

lowplainstu

I have asked for my langauge of preference to be English but every time I login everything is in French?

• 1. Re: Language Preference
          Pattie-F Level 7

If you want to apply a language change to an app that you already have installed on your computer, you will need to change the language preference, and then uninstall and reinstall the app. You can do this easily in the Creative Cloud desktop app.  See this link: Adjust the install language | CCM. Apps  installed after the language is changed will be in the new language.

Please also see: Change the language setting of your Creative Cloud apps

Pattie

• 2. Re: Language Preference
            lowplainstu Level 1

Thanks Pattie, also for Creative Cloud? everything is in french. Strange as on my profile page (also in french) my communication and applications menu is set to English?

• 3. Re: Language Preference
              Pattie-F Level 7

One thing to check is the region setting, please click here and select the correct region if it is not already correct:

You can also use this link: Adobe - Choose your region

Are you running an English version of your operating system?

To change the language in the Creative Cloud app:

1.      Click the Creative Cloud icon, located in the taskbar (Windows) or Apple menu bar (Mac OS), to open the Creative Cloud desktop app. If you don’t see the icon, launch the app as follows:

Windows: Choose Start > Programs > Adobe Creative Cloud.

Mac OS: Choose Go > Applications > Adobe Creative Cloud > Adobe Creative Cloud.

Note: 

If the Creative Cloud desktop app isn’t installed, you can download it here.

Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner and choose Preferences.

Creative Cloud desktop app preferences gear icon 

Choose Creative Cloud > Apps.

Select a language from the App Language list.

Your change will be applied when you exit Preferences (click the left arrow next to Preferences) or close the Creative Cloud desktop app. All apps that you download after making this change will install in the new language.

Change install language
              • 4. Re: Language Preference
                Pattie-F Level 7

One more thing, please check if the country associated with your Adobe ID shows up correctly.

Due to tax reasons, it's not possible to change the country associated with an existing Adobe ID, but if you need to change the country,  you can create a new Adobe ID with the email address that is associated with your current Adobe ID.  See link for instructions:

Change the country associated with your Adobe ID