• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to update installed apps on Mac

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been dealing with Adobe Support since August 13. I have been asked to go through the same troubleshooting steps over and over again. I have contacted my ISP countless times on their advice. No issue on my or my ISP side has been found. The issue was escalated on August 18. They keep promising updates but no update has been provided so far. I also talked to a supervisor but it did not help either. It has been frustrating.

I am able to download apps but unable to update them, which would point to a communication issue with Amazon. The apps run on a Mac with no antivirus installed. I am on a home network with no firewall. My ISP (Eircom) confirmed that there is no block or filter on their side. Port 80 and 433 are open and accessible by any application. Tried wireless and wired. Tried changing router public IP twice. Tried different router. Network settings on my computer look good. Updates go through using my iPhone on my mobile network (Vodafone). All standard troubleshooting steps such as uninstalling/reinstalling/cleaning have been taken. My hosts file looks fine. Tried creating new admin. Traffic monitoring tools show a communication issue with Amazon when trying to update an app.

I talked to Adobe Support again on Agust 24 as I nobody called me back as promised and a supervisor who was looking at my ticket for the first time told me again to contact my ISP, or change my router (which has already been done with no joy), or change my ISP!! So frustrating! I explained that I am able to download apps and use their cloud services but updates do not go through.

I was given a third party link (!!) with direct update links, which did not work either. According to Adobe Support, I should either cancel the contract with my ISP at my own expenses as they insist there is no block on the network or the router that they supply or keep using Adobe CC with no ability to update. Is this acceptable? It is not.

Using a network monitoring tool it turned out that the downloads go through Adobe and the updates go through Amazon and my computer is unable to establish a connection with their servers. This is definitely something to check on and I mentioned it to the supervisor I talked to who asked me to hold the line for a few minutes and then came back saying that he had checked and confirmed that there is no block on Amazon servers!! He did not check obviously. I do not believe they have access to the back end and the other agent that I talked to today stated that they do not know what it going on in the back end.

Shocking. Has anybody else been through such a pain?

The ticket is still open and I am not giving up on this. Waiting for an email from a supervisor at the moment, who will apparently escalate to the IT group dealing with Amazon.

No call back. I posted to the Community Forum on August 21 and 24 and never got response. I asked for help through surveys. It looks like there is nothing I can do to get this resolved. I have never had such a terrible customer service experience. I am not getting what I am paying for.

Please take the time to read my post and advice.

Paola

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having a similar issue trying to update freshly installed CS5 applications. The Application Center fails to update with the following message:

Photoshop 12.0.4 update for Photoshop CS5

There was an error downloading this update. Please quit and try again later.

I get this error for each application it tries to update. Customer Care so far has only told me to consult these forums. This is enormously disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines