Assuming you have already copied the folders and images to the new drive, in LR, in the Folders panel,
right-click on the top-most folder you copied and select "update folder location" and select the folder on the new drive.
Thanks - while it seems to be re-connected just fine, my black and white copies are still not there. They were virtual copies made to black and white with a little contrast added.
Can you help with this?
Thank you Maniac Joe. I did what you suggested - still having a problem.
These are the steps I have taken:
1) When I received the message from lightroom "unable to save, disk full" (or something like that), I moved an entire 2015 file to my desk top from the previous hard drive. For me, it is better to be able to locate files by year. One of the files in the drive was for my company, Lime Photography jobs, in in it was an incomplete photo job that includes nearly 700 pictures.
2) I purchased a new 1 TB external Seagate drive. After installed, I moved the 2015 folder to the new ext. drive. (Also purchased a 2 TB ext drive for a backup for all files up to 2015)
3) I went to the wedding folder with nearly 700 files and attached the first picture to the corresponding photo in the new Seagate drive corresponding folder. All of the photo's in this file then attached - except:
*This is when I noticed that none of the lightroom copies made to black and white and none of the star ratings were included - except there was a duplicate file under "Catalog." That did, in fact have all of my previous work.
-at that point I used the duplicate file to create a Collection and was able to continue editing photo's from there.
5) I received your message to attach the main folder. I did so and was happy to see no question marks - everything re-attached - however none of my virtual copies, black and white, or star ratings appear.
6) Now none of the duplicate folders under Categories are attached, and none of the Collection photo's are attached either, though I see all of my previous copies with B & W changes and star ratings are visible here.
Can you help from here?
It almost sounds like you opened an older backup copy of your catalog instead of the main catalog.
Hover your mouse pointer over the titlebar and LR will show you the full path to your catalog.
You should never directly open anything under the "backup" folder.
Thanks!! Very much!!