4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2015 3:17 PM by Adobetopfan

Lightroom very slow

rahuld35663318

Hi,

I recently purchased a new Laptop, DELL Inspiron 7548, 16GB Ram DDR3, 4GB AMD Radeon R7 M270 DD3 Graphics Card, i7 5th generation processor.

Operating system 8.1

I installed the lightroom cc and Photoshop cc versions onto my system. Once I started using it I found that Both lightroom and photoshop lag really bad. When i select the brush and increase the size it lags like crazy, I have to wait atleast 10 seconds for the change to reflect. Even if I tap on F key to view my image full screen, It takes about 6-7 seconds to show and then renders for another 5 seconds..

These are just some of the many issues i am facing...

I have reported the error to Dell, and they have tried everything to help check my system, but there is nothing wrong with the system... Its Brand new for crying out loud...

Oh yes, the same software works super fast on my PC, with a i5 4th Gen, 8GB ram, 2 GB Nvidia Geforce GT610 Card and Windows 8....

I really need a solution to this issue... I cannot work if this software lags on my Hi end system..

Cheers

• 1. Re: Lightroom very slow
          dj_paige Level 9

Brushing and spot healing are known to cause this type of problem. The best workaround is to use the Photoshop editor (not ACR in Photoshop) to do the brushing. You will also see a speed improvement for brushing and spot healing by turning off the GPU acceleration in Lightroom. One last thing you can try is to not do any lens corrections until you have finished the brushing.

You didn't state the dimensions (in pixels) of your monitor, but the benefit from the GPU acceleration generally only becomes helpful with 4K and 5K monitors.

• 2. Re: Lightroom very slow
            rahuld35663318 Level 1

Hi dj_paige,

My screen is at 3840x2160.... it is a touch screen as well.... there is integrated graphics Intel HD 5000 along with the dedicated graphics of 4GB AMD Radeon R7 M270...

I have had no such problem with lightroom as mentioned above when it comes to my lower end system.....

I also forgot to mention that photoshop is so slow that when for example i open an image and try to edit it using the curves, it renders block by block.... it doesnt move according to my slider/ graph, but it renders like 5 seconds later patch by patch.

I  am really getting frustrated with the way this is running. I just hope that its nothing to do with the software, that is Adobe CC.

Need help on this, coz im really driving Dell mad, as such a high end system cannot outmatch my lower end system ( specifications mentioned above in first post)

• 3. Re: Lightroom very slow
              dj_paige Level 9

As I said, you want to turn off GPU acceleration in Lightroom to help increase the speed of your brushing.

• 4. Re: Lightroom very slow
                Adobetopfan Level 1

I have the same problem too with brushes, except turning off GPU acceleration will then affect the speed of the regular adjustments tool such Exposure, Shadows, Highlights etc. It's simply unreasonable to have to turn on and off for each image that we work on.

Does anyone know if Adobe is indeed working on a solution for this?