5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2015 6:01 AM by dj_paige

my photos are not importing

carolh52708535

Can't seem to find help for images not uploading when hit import as suggested in tutorial.

• 1. Re: my photos are not importing
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Try tabbing the Destination Folder panel on the right-side of the import dialog. Sometimes just twirling it closed and open does the trick.

• 2. Re: my photos are not importing
            dj_paige Level 9

carolh52708535 wrote:

Can't seem to find help for images not uploading when hit import as suggested in tutorial.

Describe the problem in more detail. Exactly what happens? What do you see on your screen? If there is an error message, please quote the exact complete unedited word-for-word error message.

Also, please state your version of Lightroom, and your operating system, and what camera took these photos, and are they JPG or RAW?

• 3. Re: my photos are not importing
              carolh52708535 Level 1

I used a canon rebel, photos are raw I suppose they are right from camera. I'm trying the trial for lightbox I have a mac not sure of OS - how can I look that up for you?  (honestly just edited all my photos just now in pic money as suggested by blogger in just 15 min. and spent like 4 hours btwn yesterday and today just trying to upload images on lightroom). I put the photos for uploading in a folder on my mac  desktop. I can see that folder in lightroom and click it but nothing happens - no error. Can I access photo from my computer iphoto somehow? I did create a folder under pictures -it's empty it was meant to house my uploaded pics - or so I thought anyhow the name of that file is at the very top of the lightroom interface maybe it's trying to pull from an empty folder?

Any thing else I can provide? Any tips?

thx

C

• 4. Re: my photos are not importing
                dj_paige Level 9

Which Canon Rebel? Trial of which version of Lightroom?

In the Lightroom Import dialog box, on the right, should be a section named "Destination". Please make sure that it is present and expanded (click the little triangle to the right of the word "Destination" if it is not expanded)

• 5. Re: my photos are not importing
                  carolh52708535 Level 1

Canon rebel EOS

and lightroom - free 30 day downloaded yesterday can't recall it saying

what version it is where can I check that? When I click on icon it says

photoshop lightroom CC - is that a type of version? I'm completely new to

this sorry....thus the wasted half day of work!

c

• 6. Re: my photos are not importing
                    dj_paige Level 9

Canon Rebel Eos, but which one? There are many different model of Canon Rebel EOS.

Lightroom says the version in the Help menu. Go to Help->About Adobe Photoshop Lightroom ....

I suggested the following:

In the Lightroom Import dialog box, on the right, should be a section named "Destination". Please make sure that it is present and expanded (click the little triangle to the right of the word "Destination" if it is not expanded)

Did you try this? What happened?