4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2015 7:39 AM by Warunicorn

is camera raw 9.1.1 compatable with elements 13 for fuji xt 10

maryh31654179

i was told camera raw 9.1,1 supported elements 13 for fuji xt 10 but it doesn't seem to . any sugestions

• 1. Re: is camera raw 9.1.1 compatable with elements 13 for fuji xt 10
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I have both PS CC and PSE 13 installed on my computer.  I have run the updates to CC and it has updated to ACR 9.1.1, but my PSE 13 is still running ACR 9.0.  I think PSE13 hasn’t’ gotten the most recent updates because PSE14 is due to be released any day now, and Adobe stops updating the previous version a little early so they can concentrate on getting the new version ready.  This happens every summer.

--

It might be possible to update PSE13 with the plug-in manually if you can extract it from the installer and put it the right place.  It’s also possible that PSE13 disallows any newer plug-in than ACR 9.0.

If you want to try and are somewhat computer savvy then the ACR 9.1.1 installer is here:

Camera Raw plug-in installer

The overview of the manual installation for Windows would be:  after downloading the ZIP, extract it, and then rename the extracted EXE back to have a .zip extension.  You can then open it in the program called 7zip (Google for where to download this from) and look for the Camera Raw.8bi file.  There will be two, one for 32-bit and one for 64-bit PSE.  One is under the $MUSIC folder in the zip and one is under the $SHELL[70] folder.  I don’t know which is which but you can just replace your existing PSE13 Camera Raw.8bi with each extracted one in turn and see which one works, if any.  You should make a backup copy of your existing Camera Raw.8bi file in case you need to put it back.

PSE13 stores its Camera Raw.8bi here:  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 13\File Formats

--

Besides manually updating PSE13 to use ACR 9.1.1 as outlined, above, the other choices would be to wait for PSE14 and upgrade to that, or the solution that'll work right now would be to download and install the DNG Converter 9.1.1 and use it to create DNGs from your camera's raw files, and those DNGs will work in your older ACR hosted by PSE13.

Finally, you could obviously purchase a PS+LR CC annual $120 subscription for $10/month and have the most current version of Photoshop/ACR and Lightroom, each which have more raw file adjustments than the stripped down ACR in PSE, and use Edit in PSE from within LR to do any further work in PSE if you still needed to do that.

If you're not sure about this last option, you could download the 30-day trial w/o purchasing it.  Get, at least LR, from here:

Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

• 3. Re: is camera raw 9.1.1 compatable with elements 13 for fuji xt 10
            jr5732152

Thanks for the instructions on updating to ACR 9.2.  I tried it and it seems to work fine.

To confirm I checked in  "help", "About Plug in", "camera raw",    I now get version 9.2.0.486

I also tested reading and editing raw files. So, it seems to be accessing the new version fine.  But, I do not see any additional functionality. I am not sure if I should see any changes. I thought that I may see some of the new functions. Can you tell me what differences I should see? thanks,

BTW, the 64 bit version was under the shell[70] folder.

• 4. Re: is camera raw 9.1.1 compatable with elements 13 for fuji xt 10
              Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

jr5732152 wrote:

Thanks for the instructions on updating to ACR 9.2.  I tried it and it seems to work fine.

To confirm I checked in  "help", "About Plug in", "camera raw",    I now get version 9.2.0.486

I also tested reading and editing raw files. So, it seems to be accessing the new version fine.  But, I do not see any additional functionality. I am not sure if I should see any changes. I thought that I may see some of the new functions. Can you tell me what differences I should see? thanks,

BTW, the 64 bit version was under the shell[70] folder.

Basically, as far as Photoshop Elements is concerned, only new camera support is included. Any new features are pretty much part of full-on Camera Raw included with Photoshop.