1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 28, 2015 1:03 PM by Todd_Kopriva

AE CS2 on Windows 10?

aqua513

I have a copy of AE CS2, and I have a Windows 10 computer. How would I install AE? When I try, setup.exe supposedly crashes after the Adobe Bridge installer. Looking at Event Viewer, the error code is 1624. Additional details:

Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Adobe After Effects 7.0. Product Version: 7.0.0.244. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Adobe Systems, Inc.. Installation success or error status: 1624.

and

Product: Adobe After Effects 7.0 -- Installation failed.

Any help would be appreciated!

• 1. Re: AE CS2 on Windows 10?
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

Two words:  "legacy machine".  Get an old box that can run Win XP for a song, trick it with RAM and you're set.

You can't expect a piece of ten-year-old software to run on the latest OS.

• 2. Re: AE CS2 on Windows 10?
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

There is no such thing as After Effects CS2. There is After Effects 7.0, though, which is what you are talking about.

After Effects 7.0 was created 10 years before Windows 10 existed, so there was no way to develop and test this application with this operating system. There is little chance of such an old application working with such a new operating system.