6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2015 11:52 AM by A.T. Romano

Adobe premiere elements 13 stopped working a problem caused the program to stop working correctly, what could be the problem?

kentm72574308

I tried to make a video on my adobe premiere elements 13 but my adobe stopped working because a problem caused the program to stop working correctly, what could be the problem?

• 1. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 stopped working a problem caused the program to stop working correctly, what could be the problem?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

kentm

The problem could be anything. The answers will be in the details.

What computer operating system is involved? And what are you doing in the program/project when you get the error message stopping you from moving forward?

1. Is this a "it worked before but not now" are "it never worked before" issue?

2. Does the problem exist with or without the antivirus and firewalls disabled?

3. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements, and are you running the programs as administrator?

4. Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

Especially import if you are working in project when problem hits

5. What are the properties of your source files that you import to the project?

6. What is the project preset set by you manually or the project automatically to match the properties of your source files?

7. How large is the project when the error occurs?

8. Is the problem exist for old and new projects?

9. What is your intended export for your Timeline content?

Let us start here. Your details in your reply will direct the troubleshooting plan.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 stopped working a problem caused the program to stop working correctly, what could be the problem?
            kentm72574308 Level 1

I had Adobe Premiere Elements 11 for 2 years, while I started making a video on my elements 11 a message pops up after I try to cut the video and render it it stops and the message "adobe premiere elements 11 stopped working correctly, a problem caused the program to stop" I thought maybe something was wrong with the adobe (being too old) I had it for 2 years with no problems, so I bought Adobe Premiere Elements 13 when I went to cut the video and render the same message for my adobe 13 had the same message " Adobe Premiere Elements 13 has stopped working and that a problem caused the program to stop working correctly" I contacted the adobe support and the asked me to try and disable the firewall and antivirus and it still had the problem,

I have not updated my quicklime and I am not running the program as administrator

I am running a hot rod video card.

What do you recommend I do next?

• 3. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 stopped working a problem caused the program to stop working correctly, what could be the problem?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

kentm

Thanks for the reply.

1. Update QuickTime to latest version which is 9.7.7.8 unless your Premiere Elements 13/13.1 is on Windows 10, then go with QuickTime 7 7.7.6.

2. Work from a User Account with Administrative Privileges. Also, right click the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 desktop icon, select and apply Run As Administrator. This is in addition to the user account with administrative privileges.

3. Hot rod video cards do not have the perks that certain NVIVIA cards have for Premiere Pro. But, you will get Hardware Acceleration if for some things if your computer uses Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher and you have the preference for that enabled. (See Edit Menu/Preferences/General.) What video card/graphics card does your computer use, and is the driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

4. Rendering of Timeline content to get the best possible preview automatically generates previews files. Look at the Scratch Disks as to where they are pointed and how much free hard drive space is at those locations. (See Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks.)

Major focus - QuickTime install and User Account with Administrative Privileges and free space at the Scratch Disks locations.

Let us start here and then decide what next. With some of these considerations applied to Premiere Elements 11, that may be a workable program also. But, for now, Premiere Elements 13/13.1.

Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 stopped working a problem caused the program to stop working correctly, what could be the problem?
                teel52987807

Im having the same problem. im on adobe premiere 13

my rendering keeps stopping at 53 % and theres no chance of exporting project freezes immediatley if i try to export .. ive updated everything i can on my laptop from intel update site..any idea what it might be need to to finish projects asap.

• 5. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 stopped working a problem caused the program to stop working correctly, what could be the problem?
                  teel52987807 Level 1

chip type:hd graphics family

DACtype:Internal

Adapter string:hd graphics 3000

bios info: Intel Vid Bios

Total available graphics mem: 1696mb

dedicated vid mem: 64mb

system vid mem:0mb

shared sys mem:1632mb

in running windows 7 dell inspiron laptop

• 6. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 stopped working a problem caused the program to stop working correctly, what could be the problem?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

teel

Thanks for the important information to use for the troubleshooting of your Premiere Elements export issue.

First let us target one of the preferences....

Please go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and the preference name

"Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher)"

Please look at your export issue with and without this preference enabled.

The default is with it enabled.

See more details on this preference in

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 13/13.1: Hardware Acceleration Preference

If your computer uses an Intel HD Graphics 3000 video card/graphics card, I would expect that you would be OK with the default (check mark next to preference). But let us see if it makes a difference whether this preference needs to be set On vs Off in your case.

Based on your results, we will decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR