1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 28, 2015 8:09 PM by Jao vdL

photos import into lightroom with incorrect exposure and saturation

srounds25

when I import my photos into lightroom they are overexposed and the saturation is off.  I thought it might be my camera but then I imported them into Photos on my Mac and the color is fine.

• 1. Re: photos import into lightroom with incorrect exposure and saturation
          Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Make sure you do not have any auto tone adjustments being applied upon import (check if any box is checked in preferences->Presets). In that same screen hit the "Reset all default Develop settings". Also check if you are not applying a preset upon import in the import dialog. Lastly, you might want to change the camera profile in Develop to "camera standard", at least if you have a camera from one of the major camera makers. This will make Lightroom render the colors like the standard jpeg rendering. Lastly, realize that Lightroom cannot read any of the in-camera settings (e.g. extra saturation etc) if you shoot raw. Those settings only apply to the camera makers raw software and no other software can read them, so if you shoot raw, it is best to set up your camera in as much of a default setting as possible.