• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ipad Cross resolution with GPU rendermode

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2015 Aug 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Flash CS6 and the newest air sdk v14.

My 1024x768 air for iPad app gains a dramatic performance boost when render mode GPU is enabled. However if I set resolution to high the app is only half the screen size on the new 2048x1536 iPads, and if I set to standard the quality is bad.

Direct and cpu render modes have pretty bad performance on all iPads. It's just very simple app, just images buttons and videos in their simplest form with a few page in and out tweens..

Is there any solution to getting good performance & quality on both iPad resolutions?

Thanks,

Matt

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

I started a new thread with a different title to better reflect the problem here:

stageVideo with Retina display shrinks app

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stage has scale modes. You're currently setting that to "noscale". Don't do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

I did not set any scalemode, so unless there is a setting somewhere that's changing it when publishing the .ipa file it's still the default 'showAll'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

showall should scale the app to fill Retina screens. Look around for anywhere that the scalemode is being changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The scalemode is still 'showAll' when I read the property value while the app is running. Could something else cause this? Perhaps the version of air?

I'm assuming if my stage size is 2048x1536 it will fix for retina iPads but will only see 1/4 of the app on older iPads, not to mention needing to get new 2x larger assets for all my images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done quite a lot of apps, with either showall or noborder. They all work ok on Retina screens.

Can you post a simple test app somewhere, that shows the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it turns out the problem is NOT due to the GPU setting.. my mistake sorry.. I accused this setting as the problem forgetting I had also changed the video code!

The real reason for the problem is because I am now using stageVideo, which plays a video when the app starts on the 1st frame.

I moved the video to the 2nd frame so now the app is fine on the 1st frame with the GPU setting yet the problem returns on the 2nd frame, stageVideo causes the entire app to be permanently shrunk to half its size in the top left corner on retina screens.

Is there a solution for this, or alternative to stageVideo?

Other than this issue stageVideo works much better than the video player code I was previously using. The mp4 videos are packaged with the app, I need to play high quality videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the stageVideo code from the sample file in this post:

video playback on iPad 2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I started a new thread with a different title to better reflect the problem here:

stageVideo with Retina display shrinks app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines