3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2015 9:11 AM by Heirloom Bob

Soft Proof Copies

Heirloom Bob Level 1

I have a file of 400 photos, I want to apply a particular print profile to them all. I can select one file, go to Develop and select the appropriate soft proof profile. Is there and way I can do them all at once or must I do them one at a time? My plan is to apply this profile and then export to a 4 x 6, so that you understand the end result.

Bob

• 1. Re: Soft Proof Copies
          Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You don't need to do that if you are not planning on actually changing develop settings to respond to the changes in the images because of the soft proof. All you need to do is to simply export your files to the print profile. In the export panel simply select your print profile in the color space popup. If you want to apply a soft proof to a set of images, turn on auto sync (bottom of the Develop tab on the right) before you turn on proofing on the front most and it will be on for all.

• 2. Re: Soft Proof Copies
            Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Oh and to clear up some confusion that you might be having. When you turn on proof in Develop, it does NOT apply that profile. It just shows you a preview of what the image would look like when converted to that profile. The only times an actual conversion happens is upon export or print and when you select a profile in the export panel or the print panel.

• 3. Re: Soft Proof Copies
              Heirloom Bob Level 1

Many many thanks Jao...worked like a charm.